Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Not a Good Day

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Chuckiedo

It sounds better and you still have a while to maximum effect. 

I have started taking a minimum dose of a mood stabilizer one day a week only partially for the main reason it is meant for. It stimulates Dopamine production which is the chemical needed for the desire to do anything. It is also used to make noradrenaline that is used for blood pressure. So I get the desire to do things and more energy and still cut back on blood pressure medication. It also keeps me from considering Benzo's which make me too sleepy to get anything done.

My friends say I'm more active and more cheerful. That is probably CBT but right now with so much to do anything helps.  

Davit.
10 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am 4 days in on 20mg and I'm touching wood a lot here but things are not too bad at the mo. I managed to concentrate on an hour long tv programme last night and for the first time in ages the alarm clock woke me! My appetite is back as well. Had a good meeting with my boss and colleague yesterday and I'm hoping my other boss will agree to our suggestions on how to work while my colleague is poorly. Really hoping that things are turning round for the better now. Hope you are all ok.
10 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chuckie,

Always check with the doctor about increases in dosages, this you have done. Discuss your concerns before you make any big choices.  You were honest with your boss and this is commendable, so keep the lines of communication open.

Keep doing a great job and take it step by step, we are here for you!

Davit..thanks for the sound advice!

Josie, Health Educator
I don't know, you see seratonin is needed for thought, but too much thought is as bad as not being able to think straight. sometimes more is not better. A day off would be the time to try it. I have a friend on a mood stabilizer and an SSRI. Something not usually done but it works for her. She has taken the easy way out and isn't trying CBT. I have another friend trickling clonasapam into her system to stave off anxiety. It works but temporary. 
People can not understand what they can not see. They either fear it (cancer) or it doesn't exist (anxiety). If it isn't in the job description you don't have to do it. The last thing you need right now is more stress.
Take care of yourself first, no one else will.
I have been around more than enough people that think this is just the blues and you just need to pull yourself together. They just don't know. The job is just a job, your life is separate and more important. 
This is negative but there is no other way to put it. Think positive and enjoy the weekend. It takes time but it does get better.

Davit
So back to work still feeling lousy. My friend that is poorly friend is coming back for a few days next week while awaiting tests. I got called in to my boss today asking how I was I said I wasn't feeling great. She said i was doing well and she knew i was down but if I could not let my friend see that on Monday even if I have to pretend! Great attitude it's like they think your illness is only mental so we're not really bothered. I've been back to the docs today. She's suggested I take 20mg of cit from tomorrow. This worries me but do you think this is the right thing? 
Chuckiedo

I don't think you are being selfish in fact I think you might be expecting too much from yourself. Sometimes we don't even notice we are doing it. I had a core belief that drove me to be better than anyone and of course I got all that "I'm not appreciated" crap that came with it and that built another core belief. It didn't take much added trauma to push me over the edge. So what you are feeling is normal and to be expected. Knowing this makes it more acceptable.
You will do the best you can right and they will have to live with it right. You may just surprise yourself and find you are stronger than you think. I get by, by thinking of everything as a challenge instead of a worry, you might try that and see if it works for you. Give what you can and no more, you come first. I would think if the load gets too much they will find you some help. Remember it is not your fault. 

Davit
Just when I was starting to feel a bit better, I had some bad news today. My closest colleague has been diagnosed with a serious illness and will be off work for sometime. Work has been a big contributor towards my latest anxiety episode and I am now going to learn a whole new job as well as mine and covering for another colleague who has left. I'm still at the early stages of my anxiety treatment and the thought of all this extra work terrifies me. I know I sound selfish and I'm so sad for my friend but the next few weeks is going to be so hard for me. What can I do to make it better? 

Reading this thread: