Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,395 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Grey Clouds

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
But it hasn't happened and you do have time don't you. Besides you can keep looking even if you are working at something you don't like or is there a loyalty phobia here that says you have to stick it out. You don't you know. Anyway I'm hoping you find something you like.  

Davit
10 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I suppose I doubt the ability to find another job that I like. I have had many jobs in the past, most were horrible. I am afraid of ending up in one again.

10 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower Painter,

I am so sorry to hear  about the  loss of your job. That must  be very scary  and upsetting.Please know it is ok to feel sad and disappointed for awhile. It's only human.

However, I do hear some cognitive distortions in your thinking - catastrophising and overgeneralizations. I encourage you to challenge these thoughts as it looks like  they are having a direct  impact  on  how you are feeling.  The good  news is you  had a  job you liked which means you can  find another job you like. How else can you reframe your thinking?

Ashley, Health Educator
Sunflower

Happy is a state of mind. It is a positive state. I can't work so I live on less money. And I do without. It doesn't make me happy to be on the government tit. But that is how it is. I can do nothing about that except feel bad. And for years I did. 
That thinking sure was not doing me any good. Money really is not the cure all we think it is but it sure is handy. 
Anxiety has no borders, it hits the rich and the poor equally. The poor handle it better if they are used to getting by. But again it is attitude. I have enough money, but no excess. And I am happy now even though I was not always. There were a couple of years adjusting but I'm better.

So I have to ask if you are making it worse. So if you are then you can change that. But if you are comparing your life to the Jones's it will be hard. Being happy can certainly make finding work easier and what you work at less important. I picked jobs I liked and didn't consider the wages because there was always enough but I was having so much fun money wasn't important. I've never thought money was the key to happy. But most people do so they have more stress than I did. There is no simple answer, but being happy is positive and positive makes more happy. 

What would make you happy. That is the big question and after you have that you can decide what is the minimum you can get by with and stay happy. And realize you can do even better with less.
Happy really is worth all you have to do without. But it is hard adjusting too. 

Davit.
I struggle with being happy. I am so afraid because when I am afraid things get taken away. 

I am out of sorts lately and I am not sure how to get back on track. I suppose I feel as though the rug was pulled out from under me. I am not the most positive person so all I can see is how horrible the future will be.

I guess my anger is towards god. I see what other people have and I am jealous.

Sunflower

Whether a person believes in God or just reads the Bible to find fault in it or as inspiration, no where does it say God promises to give you what you ask for or that God punishes. Yes it happened but this has been misinterpreted. 
Whenever two or three shall gather I will be with you does not mean he is there for you to use. Seek and I shall deliver does not mean you get what you ask for. But your chances are better. Besides you get what you need not what you want.
That sure is not always the same thing. If I have done anything I deserve to be punished for it will not be on earth by any God, it will be by my peers or as in most cases less than peers. Now if there is an after life I could be in trouble. Catholics have a plan for this. Purgatory. Most days I feel like I'm there already.
You got a chance to see how life can be, don't give up till you have to. No one knows the future. September is a long ways away. If one tries there is always hope, whether it be anxiety or a job. Or both.

Davit.

Ps Remember how good it felt, not that you might lose it.
I haven't posted for a while, I guess because things have been going so well for me. Until today. I am currently working in a job I actually love. I have never had a job I could cope so well at, I don't have a problem waking up and going to work. This is huge for me. I am actually living for the first time in about 10 years.

Today I found out that there may not be a position for me for the next school year. (I work as an educational assistant)

I am just so mad and sad!!! Why can't things just go right for me for more than a short period of time? What on earth am I going to do for a job? How can I ever find another position that is as good as this one? I don't know what I will do if I can't find something that I can handle. I am so sad.

I am mad at God (if he even exists, which I am beginning to doubt), why give other people non-stop good luck while I get small doses here and there? I hate to behave like a toddler but what the heck? Life isn't fair at all is it?

Life is so puzzling.

Sunflower

Reading this thread: