Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Novelty as a step towards change

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can do one thing that most can't do.

No-one can put their foot in their mouth like me.  I was asked if the air felt stale, since the instructor doesn't like AC in 85 degree weather.  I became so dehydrated, and mentioned it to another who, to my surprise, stated she "always" becomes dehydrated.

After the statement of stale air, I stated I'd just showered.  The reply from my Lulu-mate was that "maybe it was me(her)", inferring thatthe stale air was body odour, and she was responsible!  I quickly tried to recover and state that I just shower to warm up, since the instructor doesn't like AC.  My mind races too quickly,and sometimes I don't transition well, causing a "non-sequitar"

Upon reflection, the staleness probably is dead air from the class  before, and we could of aired out the room, but I didn't mean to suggest that my Lulu-mate wasn't "fresh"
11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Habits and routine are comfortable and yes they can become stuffy!

You may not be able to bend as others, but stick to it the relaxation alone can release many positive endorphins and it is a nice change of pace for you!

Great step forward!

Josie, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found that taking aYoga class, even thought I can barely sit on a mat, while others bend like pretzels, gave me some more newness in my exercise. Usually I just lift weights, walk on a treadmill, and stretch.

I wonder if others have found that a change in their routine has helped?

Being in autopilot makes me wonder if I'm living the most productive way possible...

Reading this thread: