Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Had an unexpected attack - but could be filed under success stories

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carmie:  Just wanted to say I experienced something similar too.  Every now and then if I am very stressed out and overtired I may get awakened at night with anxiety, but I can just roll over now and go back to sleep because I understand what it is.  It doesn't happen very often, I don't remember the last time.  Once upon a time it was more worriesome as I used to think it was my BP or heart, or stroke which of course would make me even more anxious.  I'm so happy for you that you can do this now, understand where it is coming from and just acknowledge it, and go back to sleep.  Way to go!

Sunny
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, everyone - I do think it's good progress and I am so grateful to all of you for being my teachers!  And thinking about the fresh rolls made me smile too!
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Carmie!

So proud of you!

Way to use your skills!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very true Davit,
        Once you learn to replace negativity with positivity you are capable of adjusting most situations to your advantage. I dreamt of your fresh bread rolls last night, I could even smell them, you don't ship to the UK do you?
museluver
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Carmie, you coped with the unpleasant situation very well with the skills you have learned on here, just think what else you could achieve now you have the tools you need.
It makes me very happy when I hear of someone's success.
Keep up the good work it is clearly paying off.
museluver
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
carmie

I remember the first time I did that. It shows the depth of your coping skills. It also shows that although there is enough negative in your memory to cause this there is so much more positive there to block it. This is progress right. It can only get better.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wanted to share that after a wonderful week with little to no anxiety, I woke up last night extremely frightened and in the middle of what seemed to be a panic attack.  I can't recall ever waking up from sleep quite like this. I woke my husband but as I was frantically trying to explain what was wrong...I realized that absolutely nothing was wrong.  And really quickly, I was able to calm down. 
While I am sorry that this unexpected event happened, at the same time, I am kind of happy because I was able to break the cycle and I could see how much more easy it is to recover. 
I often say that even though life is different since knowing anxiety - in many ways, life is better for me.  I have so many techniques I can use to relax and get the rest and peace I need.

Reading this thread: