Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Work Anxiety

12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower,

Great success and way to keep busy!

Keep us updated!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This weekend is my niece's birthday, my daughter has curling and I will be painting. I think I will paint a picture based on Davit's imagination :) A garden of interesting sunflowers :)

Thanks and I will keep trying to stay positive. I found I enjoyed my job a lot more when I stopped thinking only about me. I need to get out of myself sometimes :)

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower Painter.

Congratulations on handling a bad situation so well. And you did. Now to the technical stuff. Do you see by ignoring the situation you did not put more negative into your memory. It might seem like a small thing but this one small thing is something to build on. It is also a positive to use next time you need one. 
You have some good positives in your second paragraph to counter what seems like a negative.  "I'm still weary of the job" is just a statement because it is followed by two positives qualifying it.
This is a positive perception and a positive attitude. Add to that belief that you will move on and you have a perfect combination.
Go ahead and analyse but with positive thoughts about how it will fit into your future. If all you can think of is negatives then use the ten questions to stop the circling and start a new thought.

On a lighter note, I am on opiates for pain so I'm getting some funny visions. Upon opening this and seeing your flower I visualized you painting all the sunflowers in my garden different colours. Some had polka dots some stripes some happy faces. It was very pretty.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great update Sunflower Painter!

It sounds like you have taken away a lot of good learnings, good for you! Since you over anaylze is might be a good option to challenge negativity and worry by using the ten questions found in session 3. It really puts your fear/worry into perspective so that you do not have to ignore the worry it will just be resolved in your mind.

What will you be doing to relax this weekend?
Ashley, Health Educator
It is really strange. I didn't have to say or do anything. I just went to work and acted like nothing happened. One person asked if I was feeling any better and I just corrected her saying it was my daughter who was sick. On the next day at work just at the end of the day my boss and her boss came into the room and I thought, "oh oh, this is it" but it wasn't. 

I am still weary of the job but I will just have to stick it out until I finish my courses. And then I will move on. 

I think I learned something about this whole thing. I let other people rule my mind. I need to try to figure out a way to ignore the physical symptoms and the worry. I also find that I over-think and over-analyse everything. No wonder I am exhausted!

Thanks Davit and Josie for your support, I really appreciate it! :D
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower,

Never make excuses for caring for your child!  You did the right thing, so stand by your decisions and know that the hug you gave will always be remembered by your daughter!  You have the right idea..don't like what your doing.. take courses and change it up!

This is progression and it will help in the long run. You doing a great job, stand tall!

Josie, Health Educator
Is that sort of like a health care aide? I like the idea of being my own boss. I think I am just so terrified of judgements.

Thanks, I will look into it.

Sunflower :)
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was thinking you could upgrade to long term care worker. I have friends here that do that. Once in a while they get an abusive patient but for the most part it is just seeing to the needs of old people. The people here are pretty much there own bosses as long as they get done their work.

Davit.
I am feeling so much anxiety about my job. I have a boss who is not understanding and so I am terrified to make a mistake and I am also terrified to miss work. I almost lost my job in March because I missed 2 days due to kidney stones and ovarian cyst problems (both at the same time!). I even had a medical note. My boss made me feel an inch high. I know I am responsible for my own feelings but she could have handled it better. I really can't stand her now.

About a week and a half ago I had to miss part of an afternoon because my daughter's school caught fire. I had to leave to go and make sure she was ok, and of course to comfort her. (No one was injured, just a construction fire) I then had to miss this Monday as my daughter was sick. Now I am afraid to go to work. I am afraid of getting fired. I am afraid of getting yelled at. It is supposed to be a family friendly environment but I guess that only applies to people outside of the daycare room. My boss treats us all like this and we are all afraid of her.

I am afraid. My health is not that great lately probably due to stress and so I am trying to make sure I exercise and eat healthy. I work in child care so I am exposed to germs all the time. I know it is only a matter of time before I catch something.

I just don't know how to cope with the morning anxiety/nausea and lack of hope. I used to like working with children and now I can't stand child care work. I spent 2-1/2 years at college for this and now I hate the job. I am hoping to keep working and then take some courses so I can work in a library. Trading this stress for a new stress probably. I really wish there was some kind of job support out there for people with anxiety/depression and panic.

I am just not sure where my passion went.

Take care.

Reading this thread: