Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

scared to be alone after panick attacks

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Hippie Pixie.

Welcome. Your system has failed not you, you are not a failure but in the beginning we all felt this way. Look how many people are here for you. We are a group of people in various stages of repair. We know this works and those of us that are free again can attest to it. Much as it may seem impossible right now, between the program and us we will cure you. But it will take time. Maybe start by picking out your favourite new friend and reading their posts from a while back to see the progress. It will give you confidence.

Here for you
Davit
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hippie Pixie,
Many of us have been in a similar situation where we are terrified and feel like there is now way out. I hope you will decide to work through the program and do the homework because there IS a way out. Like others have said, this support group is an amazingly useful tool as well, so feel free to post anything at anytime. Even if you don't always get all the support you want from other important people in your life, there are some great friends to be made here that are more than willing to help you through this!
Take care,
Teebs
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Welcome Hippie Pixie,
You are not a failure!  You can learn how to beat anxiety/panic...  you have come the right place for that. . Have you started  t he program yet? I'm agoraphobic too, but I have learnt  the coping skills, and my life has changed so much.  Do you have any other support? We are here for you, we are here for each other.Have you read some of the older posts? There's alot of education and insight in them. You will read   how many of the successful "cured " people did it....they are so inspiring. I consider my self almost there, just have a few phobias now, no anxiety/panic for a couple months! At first I questioned whether I would be able to overcome it, since  I had anxiety/panic for around 20 years,  but I have... if I can do it, so can you!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are not a failure and you are not alone. This program has been a true blessing for me. I am still learning and have a lot to learn. I am only on session 4 but this program is amazing. I see it as baby steps to a new life. Be strong and please let us know how you are doing.  Maggie   
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Hippie Pixie,

Welcome to the program and support group.  You have come to the right place.  I was agoraphobic for many years and I have gotten better working this program and you can too.  Your are not a failure, you have proved that by coming here. You can get better. You will see once you start working on the program.  If you have any questions or feel scared or just want to talk come here and post.  We do care.  You are not alone in this.

Red
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hippie Pixie and a big welcome to this site.  I hope you try the CBT program as I truly believe it is the best for anxiety disorders where agoraphobia is very common.  I hope to hear from you again.  Post as often as you want with as many questions, silly or not, we've been there and we know there is hope. 

Here to support you along your path to wellness and healing,
Sunny
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hippie Pixie,

You are not a failure. You have come to the right place.  The CBT program here works, it is proven.  All the members here can attest if you put the work in you will see the results.  Start by making a plan on when you intend to work on each section, then stick to it.  Post often in the forums, you do not have to go through this alone. Also, be sure you celebrate all your successes, you will deserve rewards!

You can do this!  You will surprise yourself! 

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
new to this site please can anyone help me i carnt go to school to pick my children up becouse im so scared of going out incase i have a panick attack n im really scared to be on my own in the house i try not to be scared but i carnt help it my lifes horrorble mum has been staying with me but shes had enough and is going home this weekend im going to be on my own i feel like a failure

Reading this thread: