Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Panic and confusion

13 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've had the forgetting word ones and also the forgetting why I went into a room. They are both weird. This latest one just kind of came out of nowhere. But I am glad I was able to calm myself without having a full panic attack. I often hate radio commercials, they get so repetitive. I listen to a lot of am talk so a lot of the commercials are geared toward the target audiences, few of which are me. LOL
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wrestler,

I am sorry to hear that your post did not go through, I'm not sure how it disappeared. I am glad that you re-posted your experience. It sounds like you used your coping mechanisms effectively to challenge your negative thoughts and calm yourself down. Positive self-talk is a great way to challenge a panic attack. It sounds like there were a lot of factors coming into play, be sure to bring water with you in your car.

Members, have you experienced anything like this before?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had similar situations but more trying to think of a word. I have totally forgotton what I got up to do as well and it took a while to remember
13 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made a post last night but it seems to have disappeared. So I will make it again.

Last week, I was driving back to my office, during a thunderstorm, and a commercial was on the radio that kept saying "kitchen." I then got confused as to what our kitchen looked like and was confusing it with the kitchen from when I was a teen. I was nearly panicking and wanted to pull over, but I did not as the traffic was busy. So, I calmed myself as much as possible, but it really scared me that I got confused. I supposed there have been moments like this for me before, but this was really uncomfortable. I did have a lot going on: Working all day, 95 degree heat, thunderstorm, traffic and an annoying commercial.

Has anything like this happened to any of you before?

David

Reading this thread: