Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Coffee

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Davit makes a good point. You must figure out what works best for you, and try to use things such as coffee as a reward. Or you can also do a few tests on yourself. How do you feel when you are not drinking coffee? How do you feel when you drink it? Try to go a whole day without having any and see if this changes anything. It is important to know your body as best as you can and modify accordingly.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lance

I don't think coffees the problem, I think it's when you have it! If you enjoy coffee then why not use it as a reward. Like after you successfully do something you don't want to. Did you know that dark roast coffee has less caffein. (it takes less coffee to get that dark colour and coffee taste.) That's why coffee house coffee always tastes burnt.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Is coffee my enemy through this? I did give it up more than a month ago, but as I am dealing with my depressive issues and having trouble getting with it from the meds, I keep finding myself having a cup here and there. 

Am I safer to try harder to avoid coffee altogether?

Reading this thread: