Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Panicked today while making breakfast

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wrestler,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your panic attack yesterday morning.
Many here have struggled with starting or stopping medications. In general, most medications of this nature take time to build a therapeutic level in your system. As it does, the effect it produces becomes more pronounced and stable. 
You can also learn more about challenging negative thoughts in session 2 and 3 of the program. Keep us updated on your experiences.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A little panic attack;

I had been sick the past 2 days and feeling a little better each day. Just a cold.

So this afternoon I was cooking for my wife and myself and was readying the plates, and all of a sudden, I got confused about whether I should switch to larger plates and how to do so. It was weird.

I had been taking a little less of my meds the last 2 months and with the stress I mentioned in my other post, my cold, and the fact that yesterday would have been my father's 75th birthday, I think it all added up. My father passed away October 22, 2008, and we had visited my mother yesterday to spend the day with her because of what day it was.

So today, I suddenly became panicky and confused and walked into our computer room and asked my wife to help. So I hugged her for a bit and then took half of a Valium. It went away in a few minutes. But it was scary.

I just needed to share because this was unusual. But I am going to start taking the correct amount, which is only a half more the the Triavil. I only take the Valium when needed. I take mostly natural things.
I had also developed several ticks lately. Typical coughing and sniffling. It's funny how it ceased today after I took the correct amount of what I take at bedtime last evening.

David

Reading this thread: