Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Best Meds

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pharmacists can also be very helpful if you have questions about medication!
15 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks Sarah, I'll definetly  discuss it with my dr.

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
freshstart,   In terms of side effects for paxil and zoloft, common side effects are: anxiety or nervousness back pain change in sense of taste constipation decreased or increased appetite decreased sexual desire or ability diarrhea dizziness or drowsiness headache insomnia nausea tiredness or weakness When you see your doctor this week, it is strongly encouraged that you speak to them about your concerns when decreasing your dosage.
Members, what are you experiences with these medications? Any other advice you can offer to freshstart?   Freshstart, please let us know how your appointment goes with the doctor. We are here for you!         Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I thought I was doing very good with my anxiety, then the last time I saw my psychologist  she told me she no longer needed to see me that I was doing fine on my own. ( I think my work cut me off because I went through our family assistance plan at work). Three days later I started having palpatations. I had them for almost 3 days straight. I finally went to the Dr. and everything was fine, I had a ekg and some palpatations showed up.This was a new anxiety symptom for me, before it was always choking and trouble breathing so this new symptom scared the hell out of me. Now I know my Dr. is going to want me to go on meds when I see him this week, I have always  said no because I have been breastfeeding and the thought of side effects scare me.
I was wondering what experiences some of you have had with different medications.
  Has anyone used  5 htp?
also wondering about paxil and zoloft...i'm really concerned about the side effects and the withdrawl when weaning off them. How long is it safe to keep taking them?
And anything else you can offer. Thank you very much I really apprieciate any info you give me.

Reading this thread: