Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hi everyone

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kitt, Welcome to our supporty community. We are sorry to hear about your best friend. We know this can be hard, as animals are a big part of our lives and it is always hard when they suffer. Are you doing your best for your animal, I think so, so please know that we are here for you and that this loss may be for the better, so as your cat doesn't have to suffer any longer. Take the time to read through the program and take our anxiety test. This can help you better assess the situation for you and your doctor. We also have a sister site at www.depressioncenter.net that can assist you with knowledge on depression. Please let us know how we can assist you :) Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm really sorry to hear your cat is not well! I guess if I had that decision to make I would want to know what the vet thought was best for the cat. If it takes great lengths to keep him healthy is the cat suffering or is it more kind to put the cat to sleep. I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right choice because you obviously are thinking it over carefully. I'm sure the right choice will become obvious! As for the depression and anxiety playing off each other, my experience is my anxiety makes me depressed sometimes because I just want to be normal. Some times I think I'm anxious because I'm depressed. I will say this program is really starting to help me. I'm getting excited about that cause it makes me hopeful for my future. Sometimes I find myself just sitting and watching tv, but now I make myself shut it off and do something any thing but just starring blankly. But sometimes there are times I just need to melt away and think of nothing and be entertained by the tv. I just like to clarify with myself it's my decision to sit there or not!!!! Birdie
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kittcat. I'm sorry to hear about your cat's illness. I once had a dog when I was little, who was ill and we were going to put her down. My mom let us see her for the last time and I burst out crying which then caused my mom to change her mind about putting her down. My dog got well(it wasn't chronic). After a few years, she ran away from home and I haven't seen her in years. I don't know what the moral is, but sometimes, they say it will take them out of their misery. Is there a possibility that you can keep him as long as you can pay for it? I also had depression after I got my anxiety disorders. I was overwhelmed and didn't see the purpose of trying anymore. Nothing made me happy, I couldn't find any more fun, and everyday was a constant worry of whether I will have a panic attack today. But I still had a drop of hope somewhere and that hope has grown each day. I am now seeing a lot more light than I have been. It took a long long time. But the key for me was to keep communicating. I have a therapist, I go on here to vent and write about almost everything, I talk to my loved ones and I sometimes post on the depressioncenter.net. I don't watch t.v. anymore because it just adds to my depression. I like to read. Anyways, I things clear up for you. But keep writing here, it's nice to vent.
15 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't been to the site in awhile, but thought I'd come to vent. I'm having difficulty coping with some pretty stressful events in my life. The main one being that I have to consider putting down my cat in the next few days. She has a chronic illness that is getting worse. I could probably keep her alive, but I'm looking at paying $500/month or more to do so. So it's very difficult because I see it as me "killing her" just because of the money, which makes me feel AWFUL. I do have the money to pay for it, but at the expense of any savings/RRSPs/or anything other than "basic" food and shelter expenses. I am a cat person (hence my nickname) and my cat has been with me longer than my spouse! I know this sounds crazy, but he's my best friend. I hope there are a few people out the that could understand...I have the flu, which probably does not help my outlook. I think I have depression. All I do in my spare time (ie 7 hrs/day) is sit on the couch and watch tv I don't even always like! I've been diagnosed with clinical depression in the past. I'm not sure what brought it on. I was diagnosed for the first time with an anxiety disorder last summer and since then have had many successes in dealing with it. I've heard people say before that anxiety and depression play on one another. I'm very curious as to what this means. Does anyone know or have experience with this?

Reading this thread: