Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Advice

16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Minnesota :) . Lol ok will think of you guys and if i start giggling i know who to blame !! Only joking .
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi cornish-dee, I'm sure it will go well, think of us when you are going in, and all my rambling, and I hope you'll relax and smile. Keep us posted.
Thanks Sylvie it does help . Hmmm an mp3 player must be the only person who dosnt have one , but i could borrow my sons . But im nosey and would like to hear what the doctor is saying .
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cornish-dee, It's very normal to experience anxiety when going into a new experience. You could try doing relaxation exercises before going into your procedure like going for a walk or doing like Yoga. If possible, it may be helpful if you listen to music from an mp3 player, or you can bring a little stress ball for you to hold and squeze. Hope this helps:) Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
Yes Birdie that does help , thankyou :) . And you are so right i really do want answers . That will at least cut down some of my anxiety . Well i hope so !
16 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh not sure if you've ever had this procedure before? but I had it a couple years ago! It really wasn't bad at all. The spray they use on your throat wasn't bothersome at all. I figure what ever they can do to make it more comfortable the better. I went in really trusting and wanting to get answers for myself and it really did for me. At the time I went in I was so ready to get answers I was glad to have it done! I wasn't aware when they did mine because they did another procedure at the same time. They called it a two for one special that day! Ha Ha Hope some of this helps... BIRDIE
Ok will start , deep breaths lol . Yesterday i got a phone call from ther hospital just checking on me for my procedure on May 7th . ( i cant spell it but its when they shove a camera down your throat) . Now to say im nervous is the understatement of the year ! But i really need to have this done . Im tired of being in pain and uncomfortable . When she found out i suffered from panic attacks she asked the consultant if i could have a general anesthetic . He said no because of my weight and i smoke . ( was gutted because i was going to have a general in december when i was 3 stone heavier , was for something else) . Now i have to have a throat spray which should stop 'the gagging' . OOO going funny even just writing this ! I even have to stop taking my omeprazole 10 DAYS before i go in . Whoahhhh dreading that as well . Sorry to waffle but got it off my chest now . Does anyone have any advice for me apart from the normal deep breathing which im guessing will be impossible with something in my mouth ? :(

Reading this thread: