Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

return of behaviours

16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes, I think I need to inventory the feelings and reactions I'm having and work backwards to what distorted thoughts I may be having in the background as I'm not explicitly aware of negative thinking, just acting/responding like I must be. My danger is just hiding out versus trying to tackle things head on. Using distraction to the point that I've totally avoided addressing an undercurrent of problems. Oh well, just another chance to try something practical.
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck, Johnny. Maybe it will not be so bad at letting your co-workers know you situation. I don't know what kind of environment you are in but remember that you are not alone and a lot of us are anxious types. There may be someone like that at work too. It is hard to make myself believe this at times, but there is nothing wrong-wrong about anxiety... we go through it for a reason. Maybe writing down some goals before you sleep and a love letter to yourself in the morning will help. It sometimes does for me.
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
johnny, We are here to support you. Take the time to look through the program and challenge those thoughts. Do some preparations the night before and be active in your progress :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I was placed on disability last time, it was because I kept phoning in to work, essentially allowing the anxiety of having to face the unknown and potentially stressful situations of the work environment creating an inability to take the necessary steps required to get myself to work. After returning to work, I was on a strict probation such that any sick days would be eyed very cautiously by the insurance company. Now that the probation is over, I have phoned in sick three days in a row after being away on a short respite from work. I am a bit concerned because I have every intention of going to work the night before but upon awakening, I can't seem to muster the courage and energy required to overcome the fear. It is tough to talk with others about this out of shame and I can only hope that I will overcome this obstacle tommorrow and that I'm not in too much trouble at work. Thanks for providing a forum for this otherwise unexpressed situation.

Reading this thread: