Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

SSRI Withdrawals

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miki, Everyone can experience different withdrawals, it's best to talk to your doctor or pharmacist for specifics. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been on Lexapro since my first panic disorder in the summer of 2006 (almost 2 years ago). I decided to ween off the medication from around September 2007 and was taking half of my 10mg until I eventually did every other day with the half. After that I stopped taking it completely and it has been 4 weeks now. I heard of withdrawals of anti-depressants but didn't think Lexapro would have any since I didn't get any side effects when I started the meds. But I got jolt/ shock/ falling sensations after I weened down. I didn't know what it was at the time and I had my self checked with CT scans, EKG, and blood tests... I was normal. I found out through an online forum that they were the symptoms of SSRI withdrawals. Those sensations have almost completely left... they come on occasion but it's not that bad. Instead I've become very dizzy and had this chest discomfort like pressure on my chest and throat. This has been going on everyday and it wont go away. My doctor said I have congestion in my ear and nose and that caused me to have "bronchitis" in my chest (which is the chest discomfort) but I'm not coughing at all. She gave me all these allergy medicine and I'm afraid of taking them. Did anyone have withdrawals symptoms similar to mine from their anti-depressants?

Reading this thread: