Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

In panic mode

18 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yoga on DVD is a good idea to start. I want to become a yoga instructor. I have had some form of anxiety/panic depression for much of my life. I am gonna be 39 on Saturday and have delt with it many of those years. My mother died of cancer when I was ten. I have always been a sensitive person and it really affected me. I was very close with her. I have seen the same therapist since 1995. She's great and I consider her a friend. She's even gonna be invited to my wedding. I understand your troubles dealing with anxiety. The attack I had while driving the other night came out of nowhere and really scared my fiance. She does not know I take amytripuline. I had told her I take an anti anxiety med, but I think she forgot. I am very into fitness and healthy eating, so taking meds hurts my pride a little, but if it works it works. diazepam really does work well when you need STOP! sign. Take care and let me know your progress with feeling better and yoga. BTW, I was once married and my ex wife really caused me a lot of anxiety. My fiance does not. David
18 years ago 0 295 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wrestler, Im glad you had a good day i have been a little better today i am trying so hard to not be as anxious but it is sooo hard especially when things are so bad between my husband and me and i have a funeral to go to on wednesday.I love music theres nothing more relaxing then puting on your fave cd and chilling out i borrowed some relaxation music from the library which i really enjoy but i find that when im so panicky that not much helps i have been looking into doing yoga but im too scared to go to any classes so i might have a look at the library and see what they have in book,dvd form.How long have you had anxiety/panic for? I was diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia 11 weeks ago but i have always been a worrier.Do you see a therapist or anything or do you battle on by yourself?I love my psychologist he makes everything better for an hour at least.I think im a little too dependant on him but i have so much stress at the moment and he's the only one that i can really talk to.I am determined to recover from this i just have to be patient and take one day at a time.(wish i could really do that ;p) thanks Wrestler have a good night. Lulu...
Lu Lu. I had a good day, but once I realized it was time for work I was scared, so I worked out and them took 5 mg of diazepam. I hate taking the stuff, but it works and stops anxiety in it's tracks. Have you ever tried yoga? It does wonders for me. I have learned to do it myself and it relaxes me so. I like Pink Floyd the best for my musical play during my yoga. Yoga is great for anxiety and stress. Keep trying your best to stay current and you'll see improvement. I am just starting out in this relationship, (7 months), but I am scared as to what my condition may get in the way of. My fiance has anxiety, but she does not know as much about it. It really scares her sometimes when she has it and she shuts down. I bring her out of it, but when we are alone it's hard. David
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lulu, You need to concentrate on yourself for a change. Take some time to go through the program slowly. It is free and many members have advised of its usefulness. Also take some you time. Use relaxation techniques such as pilates, yoga, a good book or a long bath. Go slowly and focus on you and you will see things in a better perspective. hope this helps, Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
I feel like im walking around in circles i cant sit still i feel so surreal the more i have these thoughts the worse i feel its such a vicious circle.Im glad you and your fiancee help each other i dont know anyone else that suffers panics like this but i dont venture out since i got like this so that dosnt help i keep telling myself i'll be ok but i dont feel like i will.I have terrible 'headnoise' i feel like i am going crazy i just want to scream.Sounds crazy dosnt it! I bring all this on myself i dont want to be alone anymore.Thanks for talking to me i dont know if im making much sense cause i dont feel like i am but thats anxiety isnt it it dosnt make much sense at the best of times> Lulu..
I understand your feelings in your reply. I am not a cutter, but I knew one once. I am very into fitness and have gotten great help from yoga. But I can't do yoga at work and that's where I am now. I am so happy now with my fiance and then the anxiety returns. I hate it, I really do. I get a lot accomplished in my days and I really can do without anxiety and panic. My fiance has troubles and fears with the idea of death. I've had that since I was a kid. We plan to marry on January and I just want us both to feel good. I know anxiety returns and usually exits just as fast. I took 1 and a half tablets of diazepam (7.5 mg) tonight so I can deflect some of the anxiety. I just hate the racing thoughts too. I've had them most of my life. What have you been able to do to help yourself tonight? David
Hi Wrestler i read your post on racing thoughts i get really depressed after a major panic im a 'cutter'and a recovering anorexic so when i go down i go down hard man im screwed up! Lulu...
Hang in there. I understand your predicament. I had an anxiety attack last night while driving with my fiance. It was one of those where you feel all closed in. It happened while I was hyperventilating. It scared her a lot and I felt really scared as well. She has depression sometimes and anxiety, but does not use anything for it. I used some Diazepam today. I needed it for starting work. I had not had that one happen in quite a while. I am now recovering also. Is there anything you can do in the mean time to help yourself. I know it's hard to get bad news and have no support like you say, but you do have your inner-stength to work with. Let me know if there's anything else I can say or help you with. Sometimes it just feells good to vent. Stay strong and you'll be feeling better soon. David
Sorry guys i just need to get things off my chest my grandmas husband died this morning and ive been in major panic mode since i am shaking i feel sick and have the derealisation feeling really bad my husband is at work and i just want someone to hold me and tell me everything will be ok but i have no-one.My husband and i are hardly on speaking terms he hardly even bothers to come to bed with me anymore he sleeps on the couch most nights.He makes me feel like everything is always my fault when i know that its not he is never here for me and the kids he says and does things that are so hurtful then he cant understand why i am upset with him.This morning at 6.30 my dad rang to tell us merv had passed away i was upset so i made a cup of tea and sat on the couch and had a good cry my husband went back to bed and slept till 8.30am.Should i just throw the towel in and walk out or do i stay for the sake of the kids i dont know what to do.I dont feel strong enough to be a sole parent but yet i am doing it alone now but knowing my husband is in the background reassures me im not alone cause that thought terrifies me how can someone be so hurtful i do everything for him and what do i get in return more heartache.I am soooo stressed which is just feeding my panic what am i supposed to do please help!!! Lulu..

Reading this thread: