Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

People with walls

9 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Simply put some people are hired for the wrong jobs. Nowadays they don't care so much about personality just a good work history if you show up is all. 
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gailerina,
Thanks for the insight.  I eventually accepted her personality, since I thought I'm not going to try to change her.  She seemed different today, somehow.  It was probably since I know we're finished going there Monday.  There's an assistant there who I only have noticed, but I think I have a secret crush on her.  I'm glad there is some feeling in me, or i'd be worried. 

My personality could drive some people up a wall, and others might react differently.  I remember one friend being upset since I had such a good memory for things.

10 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Walls make people feel better.

In a the health care setting it really depends on the person.  Our front desk people at the centers are called Service Reps and we have good ones and bad ones. Sadly the longer they are with the company, they put up walls to deal with some of our patients. 

It is bad that the receptionist is acting like that with you and different with others.
Having all this wasted worry was draining.

As I wondered why my emotions swung from intense to mild, I found there was nothing to fear.

Maybe the aches and pains in my body feed  my irritability.  As for this old humidifier which hisses life an old steam kettle while I try to sleep...I'd like to take it to  the roof and pitch it.  Unfortunately that would be unsafe, it's too cold, and I'd have to pick up the pieces.

Sometimes I use my irritability to assert myself, but I don't wish to alienate any more people.

Sometimes I feel like I'm at a dance, and everyone else is on one side of the room or the dance floor, and I'm by myself against a very long, cold wall with few prospects.

My aunt, who I placed with her handsome sons, are now on my background/screensaver of my computer.  She said once that music "sweetened" the spirit(I'm transliterating, and it doesn't seem to come into English with the same meaning).

What she probably detected, was my negative energy.  She was suggesting music to sweeten, make mild and calm me, and I eventually did sing a bit.

Maybe I'll take a nap.
And just to be fair to myself, when I asked "how are you" this morning, her response ignored my attempt at civility, and she responded with "how can I help".

In the affluent area she lives in, maybe she's under scrutiny.  On the other hand, I have seen her chatted up by other patients.
I wonder if anyone's experienced people with barriers which are inpenetrable.

I tried to get a report to a clinic from a lab, but the receptionist is like fortress.  She's unresponsive, and it seems like she won't budge or interact.  When the fax failed, I had to ask the sending laboratory to verify receipt at the other end.

It's takes two people to send and receive a message, and this certain person, who on the one hand pretends to be co-operative, is actually something I haven't experienced.

There's a wonderful song my cousin sent me, from an opera, which is  called "Dammi la mano gelida", which translates "give me you cold hand", or be close to me.

It's the gift I needed to appreciate that it's not me, but the "professionalism" coming through. 

But then maybe she see my brokenness, and uneasiness....

Reading this thread: