Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

step next for more exposure

9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rohit, The similarity to your case, is that what's urgent is you get grounded, before moving back up the corporate ladder. It's more important, it seems, that you eventually earn a higher salary, but you might not be grounded enough right now?
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rohit, Great pic! Sometimes we struggle between urgency & importance. I have a renovation, and I'm avoiding doing the client references, to ensure the company is legitimate. What's urgent now, is clearing the garden to transplant the flowers from the project space. If I don't do that, the rain will delay the transplant, and the flowers are growing quickly with intense heat. What's urgent is taking precedence over the important client references. It's just a matter of an hour before I return to the due diligence of client reference checking, which is more difficult, but I can continue later in the day.
9 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi rohit131, 

Thinking of you and wondering how you are doing today? Where has life taken you these past several months and how are you handling any anxiety or stressful situations?  Looking forward to your udpates!
Vincenza, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rohit

CBT over time can teach you how to tolerate the stress enough to handle any situation but if you are unhappy still it will show up as panic in other situations. This is a fact but if your goal is in fact to have a higher paying job because it is real important and you really want it then CBT can teach you how to handle the stress and actually become very good at the job. It won't work if that is not what you want.

Davit.
9 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rohit, 

try not to take a job that would cause that type of stress. You can't avoid all stress, but don't go looking for stress. It's better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable. 
10 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rohit,

Do you want to get a higher paying job or do you feel you "should" get a higher paying job? Really weigh the pros and cons and ensure that your goals are really in line with what will make you happy. If you feel a higher paying job is what will make you feel more fufilled then I think with work, treatment and the willingness to fail you will get there. It can take time to build the confidence and to figure out what is really right for you. There is no rush.

When you decide what is right for you the next step would be deciding on small goals that will slowly but surely take you there. So what do you think?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
Money has now become secondry for me.Primary thing anxiety shud not get over me again.Its like flight/avoid situation for me.I am not joining any job because of fear of anxiety.
But sooner or later I will give one more try only when I feel fully confident about myself that I can control anxiety in challanging situations.
You said-"You will not know till you try".This is a fact.Two days back I went to a big organisation for some official work.I felt to get anxious when I thought what will happen 2 me if I join this organisation in future.

rohit131
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rohit

Two questions. Do you need the money? Do you think it is too soon?  You will never know till you try but four months is not a lot of time.

Davit
10 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I left my job last yr due to uncontrollable anxiety and series of negative thoughts.I sit four months without work thinking about myself.But I did not conclude anything as sitting idle in anxiety will lead more poor results.Then I joined a job of very less salary.Now I feel that I should give myself more exposure i.e thinking of joining job of big salary.
I am not in hurry but fear of anxiety & depression exists.At present things with me going very smooth and everything seems to be under my control except for salary.
I really fear of returning of anxiety in my next job if I get where there is big responsibility & strict bosses.
What shud I do to control myself so that I can sustain in challenging situations?
Any suggestions
Thanks in advance

rohit131

Reading this thread: