Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Should I Fight Fire with Fire

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
I would have prevented the hurt feeling I had for hours, and the willingness to return without another obstacle to wishing to socialize.
I might have lost respect if I didn't express myself well.

I always wish, generally, to express myself, since cumulative stress eventually takes a toll.  This time I would like to express myself because of the context.

The discussion was about the definition of "intrinsic evil" in moral theology or ethics, and we had just spoken about "abuse" being evil or wrong.  I think there was a teachable moment, but it's too much for me process too quick.

I'm going to leave it to Oprah to try to change the world...I always say.  I'll sweat the small stuff, since she has the big guns.  We learned that when she took on the beef lobby in the USA

My motto is "...save a cow, put a quarter in one of those riding bulls at a bar..."

So much exposure work to do, so little timebefore I get to that stage

12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

I think this might be a matter of chosing your battles. How would you have asserted yourself? What could you have gained? What could you have lost? How important do you feel asserting yourself was in this situation?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today i challenged myself by going to a church function.  Often, I don't meet the brightest people there, and I was really angry today, during a wonderful lecture.

There was a simple question,and I responded by admitting that I couldn't remember some fact, which I doubt most of the audience could remember.   There was a lot of laughter around me, and I was angry since I suspect others couldn't remember the same fact.  I came close to wishing I could snap at someone, but remained calm,since it was too late to notice who had laughed.

I wonder where people "draw the line", and when it's appropriate for you to assert yourself?

Reading this thread: