Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Priorities and a Definition for Planning

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

I think I understand. But there is a third condition. Time wasting. Prioritizing to prevent time wasting. For me it boils down to what has to be gets priority, ( for accomplishment ) after comes what I want to get done. Not always in that order. I will put off what has to be done for what I want to do as long as it doesn't affect accomplishment. If there is time to do something fun I will and do the important stuff later. Accomplishment still has priority it just has a different time line. It still gets done. This is different from putting it off indefinitely.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie,
My second post was sent as you sent your reply, crossing each other.  I'll sleep on the difference between accomplishment and priorizing
I wanted to some clarity to the beginning of this thread.  There is a current video on Youtube showing a family at a baseball game in Taiwan.  A father was holding his child in his hands during the baseball game, seated in the stands with his wife.

A baseball flew towards the father, and he appears to discard the child, while attempting to catch the baseball, and then pulls the child back towards him after missing the ball.

There appears to be conflict between the parents, after the incident, although I don't speak Taiwanese.

I felt like the conflicted man, who has instincts(mood changes) but other priorities and sometimes I'm not certain what's right.  Also, there's some perfectionism mixed with procrastination.

I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about?
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hugs,

Is it a sense of accomplishment that you are trying to achieve?  You have hit the nail on the head, if this is so!

Accomplishing any task can be a feat for many.  Learn to accomplish first and prioritize next.

You are on the right track and your posts have helped many!

Josie, Health Educator
Last week I was speaking about things I was accomplishing and not accomplishing, and realized that sometimes I don't understand  the meaning of "priority".

This morning for example, I searched for a light bulb for half an hour on the internet and locally.  I wonder if anybody else wonders sometimes, if they're "on track" or if their daily activities are connected to their goals?

Somehow, I feel my mood changes divert me from my way...it's a good time to plan with it being near the beginning of the year.

Reading this thread: