Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Volunteer Work

12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went through a website listing volunteer positions and I think I found one. I will be emailing them this weekend.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower,

That is an excellent goal to have set for yourself!
If you can break down the steps you need to take to achieve your goal, what would they be?

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My goal is to add some new skills to my resume by volunteering. I struggle with work issues so I feel good knowing I can back out, that I am just volunteering and not committing myself too much.

I am very passionate about making this world a better place and I need somewhere to direct my passions! I want to eventually work for a nonprofit doing some kind of volunteer management, admin or something like that. And so, I am looking to see what kind of volunteer opportunities there are here in my city.

I am also hoping to gain some new skills as I don't know how much longer I can physically and emotionally work in the field I am employed in. I am an Early Childhood Educator.

Anyways, this is my new goal. I am scared but I know I need to do this.

Sunflower fields, 

Kendra

Reading this thread: