Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

just to say

15 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes that makes more sense karla get ya fella to treat ya after the 10 stickers hope it works for ya
xx
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
not a bad idea, lol!! but might say to my partner to buy me stuff when i reach the 10 stickers and yes its true it helps when you have something to work towards. thank you 
15 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How about a reward chart, i know it sounds like its something for kids, but if you give yourself a sticker for every time you feel you have done good or acheived something then maybe say when you have reached 10 stickers  go out and buy your self something, i think its to expensive to treat ya self to something new every time you acheieve some thing, plus it can also be a goal for you, haveing to get say 10 stickers for something you want so you will have to do 10 things to get it.
Might try this myself lol
Good luck and hope you find something that helps you
xx
hey thanks for advice, they are good suggestions but i cant really afford a massage, pedicure at the mo wot with it being xmas and my fiancee usually gives me a massage neway!lol. yes flowers are nice but to me its more special when a partner buys it for you. i am going to treat myself to new clothes etc when xmas is over.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
karla,   Thank you for the update.   Rewards can be incredibly important in helping you manage. Here's why:

1- Rewards positively reinforce the behaviours you are trying to establish.

2- Rewards give you something to work towards. Resisting will be easier if you are rewarded for overcoming emotions.

3- Rewards are motivational and make you happy.

Tips

1- Reward yourself for every craving you overcome and every situation/trigger that you've handled well, smoke free.

2- Choose rewards you value and are willing to work towards. Acquiring them must be important to you.

Rewarding yourself can be as simple as taking a walk in your favourite park to buying a new item of clothing or getting a new haircut. But rewards are unique and ultimately your decision.

Members, any advice for karla on suitable rewards? What has your experience been with rewarding yourself? Please share!     Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karla,  

I think a good way to reward yourself (and you do deserve it) is to treat yourself to something you wouldn't otherwise do.  For instance:  Take a long relaxing bath in the middle of the day,  go for a massage, pedicure or manicure.  How about going to an ice cream parlor and ordering something decadent.  Or simply buy some fresh-cut flowers for your home.

Just my 2 cents.

EB

hey,

just to say just recently (touch wood) i havent had any panic attacks, i mean iv felt slightly panicky but its not beein anything bad. been xmas shopping about 3 times to big malls, coffee places and even qued up in big traffic in a car park for about 15mins even tho im claustrophobic!! i suppose i am proud of myself but i cant reward myself because i no there still there and can come back anytime which they have tonight , i no this is really selfish off me but its how i feel. any ideas in how i can appreciate and reward myself for the good times????

Reading this thread: