Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Business Trip

16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did the business trip go? Did those advices work?
16 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kendall, A belated thanks for your excellent suggestions. They have been very helpful.
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kittcat, Hello. My name is Kendall C, and I am a new member. I travel a great deal for business, so maybe I have a few tips that might help. 1. As far as staying alone and eating alone; Do Not! If you are staying at a nice hotel, it will have all amenities nearby or even in the hotel. Sit at the bar, eat at the bar. Strike up a conversation with the waiter or bartender. They see business travelers all the time and know they like to talk. It is okay. 2. Rent a movie in your room after dinner. Find something to take your mind off of your anxiety. 3. Read a book in the lobby. Usually there are people walking in out a great deal. It reminds you that you are not isolated or trapped in your room. 4. Take a non prescription sleeping pill. It will help you rest and be prepared for your work the next day. The hardest part is taking the first step. You will get there. That is what this message board is for. I will keep a good thought for you. Kendall C
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kittcat6166, Here are a few tips that may be helpful during your trip. It's very important to be well rested before, during and after your trip. It's also important to eat well, exercise and to keep in touch with your family. Establishing rituals can also help prevent and reduce stress by saving time. It can be a comfort factor in times of stress, when predictability and certainty reassure us that no matter how bad conditions get, some things remain constant. Members, please share tips and strategies that have worked for you. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am soon going to be going on a business trip for a few days. This is the firt time I have travelled on business in a long time and am looking for any ideas anyone might have for making it as stress-reduced as possible. I find travelling for work very stressful because: I am scared of travelling on airplanes (I'm always thinking I'm going to crash), I am all alone after the "work day", and I'm in an unfamiliar area staying in an unfamiliar hotel. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reading this thread: