Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Halloween Party?

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi fourstrings,
The holiday season can be challenging for those who are cutting back on alcohol. There are ways to avoid be tempted to drink alcoholic beverages at your holiday party.  It is a good idea to arrive late and/or leave early, cocktails are often served at the beginning so you can avoid those by arriving a little later. It is also a good idea to leave before most people begin getting tipsy. It may also be advisable to stay far away from the bar, position yourself in a location that is far away from the source of alcohol. Be sure to keep your favourite non-alcoholic drink in your hand at all times. Fill up on food, stay busy by conversing and eating.

Members, any others tips or suggestions for getting through the holiday parties sober?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anybody have any ideas concerning X-Mas parties, the sort that we cannot avoid for professional reasons???

I thought of: arriving real late and in another case, entertaining (so gotta stay sober).

Someone suggested leaving early, real early, after speaking to everyone.

14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I bugged my family to stay in and watch scarey movies with me.  It was tough but I managed.  The movies were fun and i was happy to actually rememeber them the next day!

thanks for asking

14 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I like the sound of that too - we dont celebrate in the UK and my lovely BF is desperately trying to get me to watch SAW V - which is bizzare as i am not a scary movie person, love criminal minds (so jealous of you lot being able to season 5 i have to wait until next year... same goes for heroes - grrr) anyway back to the subject kitten!

haloween ideas - i am going to just eat lots of chocolate, make a cat pumpkin, make pumpkin soup and drink orange juice - oh and get coerced into watching some horrible scarry movie, spend the night not being able to sleep with the light on due to being scared witless!
14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Truffle,

We always recommend avoiding situations where you may be tempted.  Once you get a bit more confident in your quit you may attend these sorts of parties.  For now I encourage you to not go.  Perhaps ask a few friends over to watch some scarey movies without the alcohol?  Having a virtualy party here is also a great idea!

Members, what are some alcohol free ideas that Truffle can do this halloween?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone!

Halloween is coming up and all my friends want me to go out and drink.  I don't know what I should do.  I know deep down I should avoid it but I don't want to make myself a recluse.

Hey maybe he should have our own virtual party here? LOL who is up for it?

Reading this thread: