Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Weekend anxiety

9 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm on day 103 of being AF and yes, the weekends tend to be the hardest. So, I plan ahead. I see what we will be doing, or not doing, who we will be with, and where we will go. I have a plan for each scenario. Maybe it's a extra stop for some iced coffee, maybe it's a plan to only stay awhile or doing something active. I have found it helps to plan ahead and prepare yourself mentally.
9 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm enjoying waking up on both Saturday and Sunday morning with my body/head feeling good and not feeling guilty about spending lots of money the previous night. Surprisingly, I don't find the weekends that much of a trigger for me. I guess I focus more on what I can get done now. Before if I'd had a big night, I'd be a mess the next day. I'm so much more productive now and I think this helps me a lot.
9 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley! This past weekend was great. Had a date with my husband and spent time hiking and playing with my kids. With winter coming weekend activities get harder but, one of the best things we can do is stay busy and out of the house I think. I'll have to think and see what else I can come up with. 

Anyone else have any ideas?
9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nodrama,

Great thread topic. How did you do this past weekend?

I agree, we should not fear the weekend, we should prepare for it! Knowing your triggers and controling your thoughts are both great strategies. I'm wondering if we can come up with some other ways to manage weekend anxiety?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone! The weekend is here and I have been reading several posts lately where people mention the weekend being a hard time for them.  It is a hard time. I think due to the fact that we tend to have so much free time to get into trouble so to speak.  And for me if I think I'm gonna feel a trigger I get anxious.  It's a crushing thought to let the weekend get the best of you.  When we break it down it's full of triggers.  Free time, maybe alone time, money if you get paid on Friday and friends getting together. I've spent a lot of Friday nights reading on this site.  But you know I have found Sunday afternoon to be the biggest day for me to feel the twinge. I have logged some bad Sunday's in my life book let me tell ya. I wonder why that day and time. Hmmmm makes me think of the learned behaviors TS and Dave mentioned in the Strange Trigger stream. 

All that said, here is where I'm going with this. If we look at the weekend and look at ourselves as problem drinkers...is it really the weekend we need to worry about?  I mean honestly it could be any day of the week for us. Right? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...etc.  We just need an excuse.  So we don't need to worry about the weekend. Friday---just another day.  I will say it's way easier to be in a weekend when you stay away from places that serve or have alcohol---at least for me.  Just my thoughts on the weekend...and for me if I share my thoughts I can control them. If they roll around in my head they might start to control me. 

Reading this thread: