Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Tomorrow is the day help

12 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Motivation... 

I just read your post and I see that you should be into day 2 at this point.  I just wanted to drop you a short note to wish you the best of luck, and to remind you that you are awesome!! and that you will do great no matter what :)  I look forward to hearing more about your experience in the 'success stories' forum :)
12 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi motivation.   Thinking of you, and hoping that it's going well.   Detoxing is never pleasant, but the good news, is it doesn't last forever.    You'll be through it soon, and then you'll start to feel better.     Remember to keep yourself hydrated, and if you start experience severe shaking, or hallucinations, get your husband to take you to an ER.   You've worked your way up to this, now you just have to get through the next few days.   Just take it an hour or a minute at a time, whatever increment you need to.      And remember, it does get better.

splitimage
12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Motivation,

I guess you have started your day already. Yay! I know you might b scared right now but try to see that it is exciting too. Soon you will start to feel better, soon everything will be more clear and you will be thrilled you have made this choice.

Remember, you only have to take this one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Try not to look too far ahead right now - unless you are thinking about rewards!  Speaking of rewards, how will you reward yourself tonight for having your first day alcohol free?  No matter what you do be sure too be present to your strength and courage for fighting this.

Remember we are right here waiting to hear from you. Post whenever you need us and just keeping fighting.

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
best wishes on success today
12 years ago 0 171 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Motivation,

Congratulations on reaching this important step.  I'll be thinking of you.

What you said about saying goodbye makes total sense to me.  Others might not understand but giving up alcohol is a loss.  It's like grieving for an old friend.  Even though I usually drank wine, during the last two weeks before I quit, I felt the need to have all my favorite summertime drinks like a marguerita and a gin and tonic.  Just to say goodbye.  I think that it is actually an important part of the process.

Do you have lots of strategies to cope over the next few days?  Everyone deals differently with withdrawal and cravings, but you need to have lots of non-stressful, comforting activities and distractions lined up.  If you find yourself getting really agitated, physical exercise like a brisk walk or digging in the garden really helped me.  Actually, the day after I quit, I was so wound up I went out and bought a chainsaw and cut down a tree!  Maybe not the safest strategy, but the hard physical labour seemed to help me.

Good luck, take one moment at a time and don't let yourself look past tomorrow for now.  We'll be rooting for you.

Athena
12 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Motivation,

Best of luck to you tomorrow! Congrats on preparing yourself for your first day :)! Sending you lots of hope and encouragement from here. Remember one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, whatever it takes. Good luck :)! 

KJ
12 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. Tomorrow is my quit date I'm scared to death. My anxiety levels are threw the roof. The past few days I have noticed I'm drinking more than ever. I guess I'm trying to get as much alcohol in me before I got to say good bye. Sounds crazy but that the way I feel. I have gave up to my husband all my credit and debit cards that makes me even more unstable the anxiety levels are crazy right now. But this is the only way I know I can't buy any beer my drink of choice. I have got and learned a lot from people who responded to  my introduce your self post. You have inspired me in so many ways. So I might not post anything tomorrow I expect it to be hell. May check any post just to help me so please send me some motivation as god knows I will need. Thanks for everybody's input  As it has helped me a great deal. Think of me tomorrow as I'm going to need all the thoughts and inspiration I can get wish me luck.
    Motivation

Reading this thread: