Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Not to drink today

13 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work Rosie! Keep up the hard work! It is great to hear that you are feeling awesome! I enjoy being sober too, I am so much more productive and energetic nowadays! I believe that you will continue to have the strength you need! Stay strong!

Ray 

13 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am just starting day 11 of being sober, and I have to tell you I feel great!!! I am really enjoying being sober, it is not just the physical feeling, although not waking up with a hangover is a plus) but I am able to achieve much more in the day, I can enjoy simple things like taking my 3 dogs for a long walk in the woods, something I would have put off before as it would eat into valuable drinking time.
Wish I had done it years ago, hope I continue to have the strength to never go back.

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Choosing,

In addition to the online tools, here are some suggestions for working on your goals:

Talk to Others:

Think about who you could talk to for advice or support. It’s important to find someone that you can talk to while you make changes to your drinking. Consider friends, relatives, professionals in your community, your health care professional, a favourite teacher or profession, a respected colleague, a church leader – or anyone who you can trust and wants you to succeed. If you’d like to remain anonymous, simply join us here in the discussion forums.

Hear What Others Are Doing:

Find out about groups in your community that meet regularly to share ideas about changing, contact an addictions agency or find a family service that’s right for you. You don’t have to register to read posts in our Online Support Group – so feel free to browse the Support Group and see what strategies are working for different people.  

It Helps to Talk to a Counsellor:

Professionals who are trained in addictions counselling can help you achieve your goal. They are trained to listen without judging and help you understand what’s happening with your body and your emotions. They can also put you in touch with other resources.

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's my goal - I should be able to do it...not because of my own sheer wtrength but because of the lack of alcohol in the house.  I guess my goal then isn't just to not drink, but to not want to drink or to do something different when I do want to drink. 

Reading this thread: