Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,547 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

want to stay sober

6 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome timp,

I am sorry to read all you had to go through. Working long hours and divorce is extremely hard for anyone to deal with. It is common for people to use alcohol to cope. Unfortunately, alcohol is a depressant, so it may feel like a good idea initially, but the next day you will likely feel worse. Also, alcohol can lead to impaired judgement and negative consequences. Fortunately, a DUI and a licence suspension are not permanent. It is hassle, costly and problematic for employment but it is fixable.

I think it is amazing that you are facing this head on. It could be easier for you to avoid dealing with this but the fact that you are addressing the issue shows you have a lot of courage and intelligence. What do you think you feel like you need right now? Are you planning to moderate or abstain?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Timp,
   Sorry to hear your condition. May I suggest that you visit one of the AA meetings around where you live? Certain people need support, most can do something on their own. No hurt in trying right?.
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
      I really dont no if i have a problem or just a run of bad luck .  Ive recently been divorced because of working 75-85 hour a week ( we dont spend no time together  was all i kept hearing ) so i cut the hours down and she still divorced me so i picked the time back up at work and along with that i picked up the drinking , so instead of drinking a few with the boys on the weekend the boys would come over two or three times a week and we would go out on the weekend . Well needless to say with in the last four months i've involved the law into my life in the form of a ovi an two months later got caught driving under suspention . Nothing of this nature happened in 24 years of marriage , all happening after the divorce .  I hope im doing  this correctly .

Reading this thread: