Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,547 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Day 5

6 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Mara!

Good for you for facing this head on and fully recognizing that you want to change your drinking habits. It takes a lot of courage to face that honestly. Now that you have made that decision that you want to change - how does it feel?

What is your plan? Are you planning to abstain or moderate your drinking?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for replying. It really helps to know I am not alone on this island. I am fine as long as I'm 
Busy. It's the down times, when it gnaws at me. I think I'm driving my husband crazy! He left today and asked me if he could bring me home a "little bottle!"  He has neverhought I had a problem, but I know I do. Thanks for your support!????
6 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Mara,  It takes courage to be honest with yourself and on here.  At the beginning I found that getting through each day with every support  I could find needed to be my focus. There are lots of supports online, books etc if you aren't leaning towards AA. For me it did eventually get easier, and became  less a day to day occupation. Life without alcohol is much simpler in so many ways.
 Good luck as you start out on your journey and keep posting so we know how you are doing. You are not alone in this struggle.
6 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all, I'm new here. I am encouraged by all of your posts and the different 
tools available to help me succeed In my goal to become alcohol free. My story 
is not so different from most of yours. Long story short, I drank "socially" for many years. 
I raised my children, had a wonderful teaching careerAnd am newly retired. My social 
drinking slowly escalated after my children left the nest until I found myself
With too much time on my hands. I was blessed with many artistic talents, 
good people surrounding me, a great husband, home and family. Still, I found 
myself wasting more and more time slugging down glass after glass of wine. I
Have grandchildren now and I want to be the best I cab be for them, and myself. 
I'm looking forward to being a part of this group and recapturing the person I used to be. 
Thanks for listening, Mara

Reading this thread: