Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Ready to be helped.

9 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great Fluffy! You decided to exercise your power of thinking for yourself and not letting the alcohol take over. There's a point where we don't have control and just before that point you have the decision to go forward or let it claim you. You said no and pushed the thought away.

I look at it as a real pushing away. I will put my arm up and say outloud "No--not doing that" .  It seems to work pretty well. What did you do to make yourself stop?
9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work Fluffy!

How were you able to talk yourself out of it? What were some of the thoughts you were having?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dears,

Yesterday had 4 shots (tots) of vodka. Felt like downing more booze thereafter but resisted the urge. At that time, two forces were pulling me  - but overcame. I just said "no" and erased that notion of taking another drink.

Feeling great this morning.

F
9 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fluffy & Cailin,

Welcome. I'm new too. Let's start our sober journey together. 

Cheers,

Michael
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the same boat as you Fluffy. Ready for help but dont know where to start. First time reaching out now. Got my last warning with work yesterday morning for coming in late and still drunk.
Hi Ashley/Kez,

I have always thought of joining a support group but didn't have the guts to do so since i have never come into terms that i have a problem.

I just thought to myself enough was enough and started surfing the net for online alcoholic help sites then stampled to yours.

I know i can stop my habit and resist some of these urges Step by step guided by you guys.

F
Hi Kez,

I have always thought of joining a support group but didn't have the guts to do so since i have never come into terms that i have a problem.

I just thought to myself enough was enough and started surfing the net for online alcoholic help sites then stampled to yours.

I know i can stop my habit and resist some of these urges Step by step guided by you guys.

F
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fluffy,

Welcome to the site. If you feel you have a drinking problem you are making a very good decision to resolve it. You're certainly not alone in this recognition and desire to change it, which you most certainly can change. How would you describe the problem? Binge drinking? What do you see as triggers for drinking?

All the best,

Dave
Thanks ND hope it works for me.

Fluf
Thanks Kez for the invite. I have never sorted any help from anyone. To me it looks so out of this world coz i have never admitted the reality. Hope this works for me. Never tried anything- my first time.

Reading this thread: