Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

long time listener ... first time posting

14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on 7 days!How are you doing now?

I am one day myself but more excited about the futrue already!

14 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Betterlife, welcome back and congratulations on making it through the first seven days without drinking! This is a major accomplishment, and you should definitely reward yourself for it.

I'm happy to see that you are being honest to those around you, and reaching out to them, hopefully they will be able to help you through this process. Have you had a chance to look at the program at all? I see that you have set up a goal for yourself, you are going to try to "stay committed to your hero ZERO during the holidays". How are you planning on doing this?

Members what have you found helpful when it came to sticking to your goals, especially during the holidays?

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,

Just checking back in .... thought I'd report that I haven't had a drink in 7 days, made it through a weekend which is definitely a big break through for me.  More importantly, I enjoyed the view on this 'new road' and didn't feel like I was missing anything on the other path.   Thank you all for your welcoming responses, they have helped! I really like the 'no judgements' atmosphere, probably why I felt like I could share here

I've been trying to be much more open and honest with those around me about my desire to quit drinking than I ever have in the past attempts at cutting down.  Instead of making an excuse about soemthing external and temporary (ie. upset tummy, need to drive somewhere, etc...) like I used to say, I've been much more direct and committed like "I've stopped drinking" or "i'm not going to drink anymore, i'm not able to stop after one"  

I realize that I haven't hit the hard bumps yet and I'm trying to take baby steps to build my strength up enough to be able to stay committed to my hero ZERO through the holiday season!

Keep it up gang, I think there is strength in numbers!

14 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you like it - I have had a lot of good teachers in sobriety to learn from ;)

Just remember to keep it on a daily basis. Pretty had to believe that I have been sober for 1223 days now - miracles do happen I am living proof.

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really like that Rick, it's not the end of the road but the beginning of a new one... interesting!
Thanks for that!

psst Chuck , its not the end road, just the beginning of a new one ( I like this one better anyway)
Hi Chuck,

I agree, I feel like I can post anything I want on here and I know that I won't be judged. We are in this situation together and we must stick together! I'm very proud of the accomplishments that we all have made! Just need to stay close to this site to keep me going! 

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great support everyone!

Post often with questions and let us help you!

Josie, Health Educator
Welcome betterlife,

Build a plan, build a support system, then keep working one day at a time.

Where do you plan on starting ?

What/who can you use for support (real time, not online)?

Remember you don't need to do this alone.

Welcome to a potentially rewarding journey as we trudge the road to happy destiny.

Hello betterlife,

I am really glad that instead of being a lurker, you are now a member! We are all going through similar experiences, trying to fight the alcohol demon and making mends with things we have done and people we have hurt. We all have our moments and make mistakes.The important thing is to take control of your life and decide that you don't want to be that way anymore. We are here for you betterlife, welcome and check in soon!

Ray  

Reading this thread: