Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Topic: Myth or Fact?

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When we say that we can quit at anytime we are closing our eyes to the fact that we are addicts.
If is common knowledge that cigarrettes cause a lot of preventable diseases and it shortens our lives and is the first cause of preventable deaths, why do we keep smoking, if we can stop at anytime?

If that was possible, there would be a lot less smokers. As soon as we learned about the negative impact of cigarrettes in our health and life, we would have stop.

So I agree with you Faryal, this is a nasty powerful addiction
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 110
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,650
Amount Saved: $165.00
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 11 Mins: 55 Seconds: 50

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Myth: Quitting may be hard for other people, but I can do it any time I want to.

Fact: Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on earth, and most people who try to quit cigarettes will have a hard time breaking its hold, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. The chemical goes directly from the lungs to the brain and stimulates the production of dopamine, a chemical that makes you feel happy.

Faryal - Health Educator

Reading this thread: