Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,487 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

This place is still here!!!

4 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Congratulations Working On It!!! ?

• Quit Meter

$56,694.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1122 Hours: 23

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Working on it!

So great to see you. I was smiling ear to ear while reading your whole post. I cannot believe it has been 7 years! Wow, time flies. Congratulations!!

Thank you for stopping by to inspire us. Please feel free to stop by and inspire or support whenever you feel like it. The reason why this site is so great is because of our fabulous members, like you.

I hope you remembered to reward yourself. 7 years is a huge achievement! Enjoy.

Ashley, Health Educator
4 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just realized the other day (May 8) that I finished my 7th year of being nicotine free. There was a guy here when I started on this site who had been nicotine free for 7 years and some point, and I remember thinking how incredibly long and impossible that sounded. So when I realized I'd hit that mark, I thought I should come back and brag some. ...But I had forgotten the name of this site. Somehow, just now, I was able to remember the name "Stop Smoking Center" and miraculously was able to recall my old password! Ha!

So, long story short is that it gets way easier with time. That first year was so hard for me. I was on this just about every day for the first entire year. So many craves. So many emotions. So much obsessing. But all those cravings and obsessions kept getting weaker and showing less often, until...I'm now at a point where I honestly can't recall the last time I even thought about wanting a cigarette. It has to have been a year or more since that type of thought has crossed my mind. (I still have a lot of emotions, but that's just me. LOL) I totally forgot my own quit anniversary for a few years. But for some reason, the date "May 8" kept being brought to my attention this year. I kept thinking, "I know there is something important about that day." And then I remembered. And it still took me a few more days to find my old quitting site here. 

That's how easy it gets over time.  But it all starts with a simple commitment that one of our old posters used to encourage us to make on the daily: "I will not smoke today." ...And I won't!
  • Quit Meter

$22,500.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 12

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: