Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Is this what I'm doing wrong?

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, I dunno hon, I answer your posts with long thoughtful replies, really trying to help and then poof! I don't see you posting asking for help before slipping. You have to want this. So I will say this, when you want to quit more than you want to smoke you will. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 298 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $521.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kristi, Your honest and compassionate and these are great qualities. Your not a tyrant or monster, that is the quit talking. You have experienced what can happen and what will happen, so prepare yourself, see the signs, and step away. Take mommy time, it is long overdo and be ready. Step by step we can help you, and day by day, you can do this. Use those coping mechanisms and relaxation techniques. Got to bed early, leave the dishes for tomorrow. Take a break and let your body do some healing. You deserve this! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been missing everyone here, but I have been taking a few days to try to figure out why I keep slipping/relapsing. Alot of what I've read says that you have to quit for "yourself". You have to put yourself first to get thru the quit. I am terrible at this. Ever since I had my children, they come first. My family, my job and everyone else's needs have always come first. I buy them things before I buy myself anything and usually feel guilty for doing anything for myself. I know several slips have been because I didn't want to yell at the kids or my husband anymore. And I didn't want to snap my boss's head off anymore. How does one who hasn't done this do this? I desperately want to quit, and at times I think, just do it. Don't think just do it. But then I get tense just thinking about it. I am about to try again. I am just so tired of coming back to here with my meter reset and feeling like such a failure. I just want to get past this. I know it would be the biggest gift I could ever give myself. I just haven't had that feeling of confidence yet, but I also know that if I quit I would have that confidence. Am I going in circles? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-27.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -21561

Reading this thread: