Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Fighting to stay alive!

6 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good bump Timbo 
  • Quit Meter

$56,705.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 1

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Timbo it's like the red pill and blue pill in matrix movie SO in my humble opinion you and me also millions of people around the world choose truth pill reality and quit just quit believing that reailty better than slavery....on the other handthere is people chose the other pill and live and you can see them every where around the world puffing in our faces and we now feeling sorry for them.I use the site for years till got the courage to swallow reality pill by the helping of many people who do what I was afraid to do ....after 6 years now since reality pill believe me I wish I was take it earlier than that and quit but everything happens for a reason maybe it I do it earlier or if my quit was breeze 1 I was go back to smoke after awhile. The juice:I am happy to take the wonderful pill of reality .
6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump up for new quitters. Be sure and start at the beginning. 

Life most definitely does get better after you quit smoking. I think quitting was the hardest thing that I've ever did. Nicotine had such a control on my life. Thinking back now after 1610 days of freedom, what a fool I was. I only wish that I would have quit a long time ago. There is absolutely nothing good about smoking, nothing at all. I just hope that I quit before something bad happens to me if you know what I mean. The feeling I got when I realized that I had BEAT that darn NicoDemon was so over powering....I still grin when I think about it. Life is good, not smoking is GREAT! 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 19

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, it does get better, and it is so worth it. I woke up this morning and thought how it had been a long time since I felt dirty down depressed. Sure, there are ups and downs, but not like it was for so many years. When I committed to being a nonsmoker I committed to life again. Glad I did :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,114.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
New, Is your quit meter on your computer the SSC quit meter or is it from like Silkquit or something like that? If it's not the SSC downloadable quit meter, then it could be that they use a different system to calculate life gained. What is different? Is it life gained? Money saved? or something else? I know for me, on my silkquit meter that I have downloaded, one of the questions was how much did you pay for a pack of ____? Well, on my quit meter here, I put that I paid 3.20 a day, but in actuality, I smoked 30 cigarettes a day and a pack of 20 was 3.20, so when I put in to the silkquit meter that I paid 3.20 for a pack of 20 cigarettes, I ended up saving WAY more money than on the quit meter here (so I changed it on here once I realized the difference). Could that be your problem? If you let me know exactly what is different, I can try to help you figure out where the problem is. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 647 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2672.11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
just going to add that at the bottom of my response, it had my stats, but they don't match the stats that show on my icon in my system try. Anyone know why this is??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1414 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103,222 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12726 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 137 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on almost 2 months! Hug yourself. No, really, do it. You deserve it. Just reach right around and give yourself a big pat on the back. I smoked for 24 years, the last 2 years I smoked 3 to 4 packs a day. My status: smoke free 3 years,318 days I have saved myself $13,384 and have not smoked 104630 ciggies And yes, I feel better. I no longer have to look for jobs that accept smokers (so many don't these days). I no longer have to stand outside in pouring rain in 30 degree F weather up to my ankles in slush just to "enjoy" that little bit of nicotene that I truly believed I needed just to get through the next couple of hours. I no longer have friends and relatives (especially kids)crinkle up their noses and turn away from the nicotene stench that permeated my entire being. And do you know how bad the kitty litterboxes had to be before I could smell them??? GAG. Now I can smell, unfortunately this also means I can smell RIGHT when the kitties go. But I am sure my house is cleaner and MUCH fresher now than it ever had been. But I no longer feel like an outcast. One thing that helped me when I was quitting was to learn so many new facts about the poisons that are in the cigarettes and the lies the big companies told, and how the companies truly did see the consumers as expendable. ( Link Removed) Hang in there. sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1414 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103,222 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12726 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 137 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ifyouplease, You asked for stories of people who feel better about themselves? Well, I am definitely one to tell you that I felt the same way you did... I struggled immensely with the quit... I felt horrible for a long time... I slipped a few times and thought I would NEVER feel like ME again. And I'm here to tell you that yes, I DEFINITELY feel better. Not just physically, but I am proud! I am strong! I have a sense of confidence that I NEVER even imagined having before. I now know that I can do ANYTHING that I want to... and since quitting, have done things I just didn't think were possible for me. I thought that I'd missed out on so many opportunities (like going back to school so I can become a teacher) that I am doing now. I can't tell you how much more confidence you build after quitting... you'll just have to experience it for yourself. And I was one who had 3 "slips." I can't name anyone on this site who has had 3 slips and didn't relapse, and instead went on to have a successful quit. I just don't know of any at all. So really, I felt pretty hopeless... but I'm telling you now that it IS possible, no matter how many times you screw up, and it really and truly does feel better to be a non-smoker than it does to be a smoker... inside and out! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 646 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2667.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not been quit nearly as long as some who have responded, but I feel like I am 'young' (LOL) enough in my quit to know what you are talking about, and 'old' enough in my quit to know better.....if that makes ANY sense at all... At 198 days, I am so proud (and amazed) that I have made it this far!!!! A year ago I would have told you that I could NEVER quit smoking and that I had no desire to quit. I smokred for 34 years and had worked my way up to 3 packs a day! I truly, truly, feel so much better physically and spiritually. Emotionally....I'm still up and down, in all honesty. Nicodemon still plays a few head games with me on occassion....but they are few and far between as time goes on.... There IS a light at the end of the tunnel. Head towards the light, Carol-Ann! ;) Keep the quit...it is worth it!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,929 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1584 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ifyouplease, You've gotten some great responses. If you still need a little inspiration, take a tour at the Hall of Fame. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: