Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Why?

17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Lady, I would like to tell you your response affected me so much! I read it to my husband with tears streeming down my face. He understands a little bit more what I am going through, because of your words. Thank-you very much, Sous [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 145 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sure it's a multitude of reasons. I've relapsed from previous attempts due to family crisis', not being strong enough, not being educated enough, I could go on and on. I'll be watching this thread. Marie I want to arm myself against relapsing again, ever, never, ever, never again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 106 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"It is not that you get knocked down, but if you get back up" Keep on Keepin on!! I always tell myself "One puff, or one cig, it wouldn't be enough" and that has kept me on track for the last 10 days. don't give in to "Nic the deamon" ! You will win .. like stated earlier... good against evil.. -Rhonda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great information Danielle. 2stubborn, I think we should all remember that a relapse doesn't mean failure. It means we are human. The only thing that constitutes a failure if if you give up on your quit altogether. We must get back up on that horse and keep riding. We may fall off many times but if we learn from the mistakes that prompted the relapse, we can ride that horse longer and longer each time until we are on it like glue. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2stubborn... You have a fantastic quit going and I always try to read your threads and your responses to other's. Your wisdom and candor is invaluable and you are truly someone I look up to as I am able to pick up so many things which keep me going in my own quit. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
I think everyone's slip when they have one is as individual as their quit is. For me I was battling things every minute of every day for several weeks - and I was simply tired of all this fighting going on to stay afloat. But then I found that smoking of course did NOT answer the bigger questions and it certainly didn't give me any answers to the way my life has been. I could go into some very deep and detailed reasons why I fell from grace.. and no one will ever accept my reasons because everyone believes that there is NO REASON to ever smoke again. All I know is that through my slip, through my tears, through my writing in my journal I discovered so many things about my life.. about 'Monica', about not dealing with issues that have been cropping up time after time (repeat offenders as I refer to them). So what can I say? I slipped.. In hind sight was it worth it -- hell no! Did I need to reaffirm all the reasons why I didn't want to smoke? YES! Did I add new things to my list of reasons of why I want to quit? YES! Was I becoming too complacent? In all likelihood yes..but the tiredness, the depression was sooo bad... I went into a deep funk weeks before the slip occurred but I simply got worse and worse over time and shoved it under the rug instead of confronting it dead on. Bottom line - I restarted my quit and I'm doing all that I can do, in the best way I can do it. I've revamped many issues here at home, as well as in my attitude, including finding help from another site. I learned a lot about me starting from my 1st quit on Oct.31st and now I've learned more. I'll say one thing.. I am human.. I have faults.. My life is damn hard.. and I fell.. NOW I'm back up and ready to hit that nicodemon with more armour than I had in the past 66 days. Some may not agree with me.. but hey, we're all entitled to our own opinion and no one can live in another's shoes. Life is always going to throw us a curve and I've had many... Life goes on and so does my quit. Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B
Yes Danielle that is exactly what I did with all of your ideas and suggestions. And I totally agree with NewPapa.. [quote] We may fall off many times but if we learn from the mistakes that prompted the relapse, we can ride that horse longer and longer each time until we are on it like glue. [/quote] Very inspiring by both Danielle and NewPapa :) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankyou for all of your great advice!! I guess the most important thing to remember is that this is really MY quit, above all else. We are all going to be faced with different struggles in our quits- as in any other area of life. Maybe your quit is as unique as your fingerprint! If it is true that most slips occur within the first 3 months maybe I can give myself a little slack- and reduce the amount fear I now feel surrounds 'smoking' (and all its associations. I think it is time to start living my life again, without so much fear and avoidance. You are all invaluable to my success!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 741 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$545,016.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4202 Hours: 17

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all. I am going to try to sound sympathetic but there is something I really don't understand. The past few weeks I have witnessed several of my October 2006 buddies relapse. Why?? The hardest time for me was the beginning- I feel so strong now and I scoff at those cravings- I know enough about what they are to know that I will never allow them to compromise my quit. So why all the relapses guys?? There shouldn't be anything in life that would make you want to smoke again. Is it just that you weren't emotionally ready to quit? I need to know this to protect my still fragile quit. For my continued success and the success of newer quitters WHY do we SLIP when we have worked so hard and come so far???? When we KNOW what smoking does to us and we fervently miss all of our fallen loved ones?? Robbed from us by tobacco?? I just need some clues to solve this mystery. I am beginning to think this is going to get harder judging by so many of my peers relapses... Frustrated beyond comprehension K [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$545,016.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4202 Hours: 17

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm still here..and kickin'. Never see "August" who quit the same day I did..don't give up on us..lots of peeps lurk and don't post. My sister in law quit the same day, and hasn't even joined this website ! (foolish girl) Your quit is the most important quit in the world..(after mine..lol). I feel that it's getting better all the time. I attended a party where almost half the guests smoked, and I came through it with flying colours. You and I both know that this is something we've beaten..the other October quitters/relapsers will be joining again. Hang in there stubborn..I'm sure there's more out there like you and me.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $792 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: