Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

What saved your quit?

17 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i wanted to bump this. maybe it will help someone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$908,340.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 22

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not really a habit for losers, auntdeb, but an addiction that we all have battled and are battling. Many dear ones are smokers, and I wouldn't call a single one of them a loser. However, look how many different ways a quit has been saved! Sometimes it's a thought, or a memory, or a prayer, or a friend, or this quit site. And it might be a long crave or just a fleeting thought, but each time our quit is saved, it makes us stronger for the next time we might need some strength to spare! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 817 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,891 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2859.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 113 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$54,839.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 15

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yesterday had a really bad day at work. I have a very frustrating co-worker who likes to cause a lot of trouble. Since I am her boss its my duty to deal with her....only seems like I have to constantly deal with her. I wanted to smoke and I almost did. Then i thought, she's not worth your quit, why would you let her have it. Still here smoke free :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 782 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I refuse to be beaten by anything. My kids are big motovation. I love the Lord. There is only room for one God in my life Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This site and all of my quit buddies... over and over and over again! I would whine and cry either here or to a quit buddy or two or three, and magically, the desire to smoke faded! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,565 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1247.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Going through withdrawals again, and my being able to imagine myself setting on my rocking chair chain smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,872 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay I haven't been here for a while, but I do think about all the stories and think if all those people can do it so can I. Hit a bit of a wall this weekend as my second essay is due on Monday and am having real problems concentrating. Anyway have decided to slog on, I have another couple of weeks to go before I can pull out without any academic penalty. I must be mad quitting and going back to University all at the same time. BUT if I can do this I figure I can do anything at all! And thanks for some ideas, I've even joined a gym. Oh scary stuff and promptly fell off the walking machine thingy. Anyway stars to everyone Caddie[i]Text[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $632.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MC, Congratulations! I say congratulations so much that it almost feels like it's not meening as much as it used to, but I really mean that you did something huge, and I hope that you're rewarding yourself with more than a chicken leg. LOL Unless, of course, chicken legs are your absolute favorite. Did you get those nasty butts out of there? I just read what RD said about not allowing smoking in his yard, porch or anything, and i think that i am going to adopt that policy. I was torn... One person here said that she refuses to become one of those people that won't allow anyone to smoke around her, and that made me reconsider my original policy. I don't even let my friend bring her cigarettes to my house. If she wants to come over, she'll respect that I guess. Then i was considering reconsidering that choice, and after reading what RD wrote - I'm not going to. I'm going to look for some no smoking signs to buy as well for when i'm not feeling asertive enough to say "Hey, I don't want you to smoke on my porch either... you're going to have to go to your car." to people. I've already had one lady go out on my porch to smoke,a nd then I was locked in my house - I couldn't go out there! It's my porch - hello. Anyhow - let me tell you what got me through hell week, and the nasty three weeks after that. I wasn't in a state of constant crave, but I had about 4 really horid days in that period.. I never even experienced those 5 minute craves - these lasted all day long. My husband. My husband held me while I cried and screamed, and called him names. He talked me out of driving to the store for cigarettes, and he took the rationailasion out of what i was saying about why I should smoke again. He took out and out abuse from the junkie me, and never faltered. I think that sometimes we get nastier and nastier to our loved one, hoping THEY will justify our starting smoking agian.... He never did. He's my rock and I love him. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $533 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Rusty, I too tell myself smoking is no longer an option in my life.. i look at others around me especially my sister and know that i never want to be like that or go back to doing that horrible habit again.. i smell the second hand smoke as i walk by some smokers or they come toward me and i notice that takes some of my breath away and when i get to safer ground, i take deep breaths to help relief me of that yuckie smell of smoke.. I pray and ask for strength one always needs that.. P.Loving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,698 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rusty, Every time I thought about a cig I realized what kind of bad stuff is in them. That knowledge saved my quit. I know too much about cigarets now. I think I will never smoke again. If I ever smoke one cig that would be to dumb for words. Hugs Fini :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �433.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: