Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

What saved your quit?

17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazingly enough after 2+ packs a day for years, and plenty more for the rest of the 36 years, i have not had one single instance where i was even close to smoking. Sure, i wanted to, my body, or is it my mind, is ready every day at least three or four times. Every day when I finish work the bad wolf comes knocking at my door..sometimes for minutes, but usually for hours. Every time I am frustrated with a task, every time i come to a natural breaking point in a task, my body, or is it my mind, is ready to have one. But all the rest of the time, I am loving feeling so much healthier..I can breathe without coughing, I can laugh without hacking, I feel so proud of beating this addiction. I remind myself of that whenever it gets tough. And the desire to smoke eventually goes away...I always remind myself of that. It does go away. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What has saved me is wanting to live and live healthy, not only for myself but for my husband, children, and grandchildren. I have one grandbaby due in November!! Every single person on this site has helped to save my Quit. They have been that shoulder to cry on, my mentors, and my friends. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,923 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking back on it, I am not sure what actually caused the quit. I just got tired of smelling like smoke, of my throat burning, and not being able to breath properly. Guess my head and my heart were both ready at the same time. So glad I quit. :) Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What saved my quit??? I was having a bad day today.... and I have to say Joe Cool saved my quit!! Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 935 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I honestly have to say that this website has saved my quit. I have thought of just that one (not often, but it has been there.) I know it is an addiction now, I know the thought WILL pass, and I know how many of you would be dissappointed in me for giving in to our greatest enemy. Plus, I want to be a role model for those just starting out with this journey. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 921 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a horrible afternoon yesterday. Problems with my youngest child and I became a nervous wreck. What saved my quit? I prayed again. He saved me......AGAIN. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 844 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've never felt like I was losing my quit this time! However...I want to add that this site has helped me stay focused on the goal. Each day passes Smoke Free... and that adds confidence to my inner ego that helps me stay strong in the conviction that I am a NON-SMOKER NOW!!! I have had cravings like everyone else no doubt, but "really wanting to smoke"...naghhhh...I really don't want to. It's a habit for losers. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $323 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pictures of my Grandpa and me when I was young- cancer caused by smoking killed him My stubbornness and unwillingness to let some stupid white stick beat me seeing all the money and life I had saved, then GOING SHOPPING looking at pics of ME from a year ago. My skin is young and fresh looking- teeth and eyes are white. I looked TERRIBLE. This website What saved YOU??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 150 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $531 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$545,004.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4202 Hours: 15

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For sure the people at this site saved me on a daily basis. If not for the support, advice and the laughs, I don't think that I would have made it. As time goes by, there is so much more to lose...I am getting healthier and fitter and my life isn't being ruled by my addiction. Glad this post got bumped.. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $900 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My kids. Always my kids. When they were younger, and I smoked, I used to think "God, just give me enough time to be around long enough for them to be grown". The in September last year, my elder left home to go off to Art School aged all of 18 and I realised, I will NEVER have enough time with them. So, I pray for - if I'm blessed - a bit more time with my kids regardless of HOW old they get to be. And some more money to spend on them as well! Thank you for a great thread. Counting blessings. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: