Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Ready to quit...again

6 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the support! You are right - my mindset is very different now than it was 15 years ago. Hopefully that helps me keep going. I'm craving pretty frequently right now, but I read that cravings don't last longer than 3 minutes so I've been telling myself to wait 4 minutes before deciding whether to smoke. So far, it's working :)
  • Quit Meter

$21,428.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 278 Hours: 8

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jen!

Good decision to try again. Small targets, small battles, small victories lead to finally beating this difficult addiction.

Congrats on 16 hours - first small victory!!!

You are definitely the right age to win this time. Your mind will be tipping the balance from "I'm young and ok with smoking" to "uh oh, this is getting serious now"
and when you want to quit more than smoke, you are over half way to success.

Occupy yourself, preferably here, read, read and read; ALL the answers are here, somewhere. Just go and find them, act on them, and be a winner!!!

Good Luck
Penitent d4745 
  • Quit Meter

$56,848.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 23

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello! I'm Jen. I've been smoking for about 20 years, and I have quit a few times and then relapsed. My longest quit was 1 year. 
I just had a birthday and I thought to myself, every year I think that by my next birthday I will be a non-smoker, and here I am again, thinking that same tired thought. I am tired of it. I am tired of the struggle.
Being in my 40s, I am one of the last smokers I know. Most of old smoking buddies gave it up in the past decade. I'm trying not to beat myself up about being behind the curve, and instead just focus on what I need to do for my own health and happiness.
I am going to use the patch as I have had the most success in the past while using it.
Having failed a number of times in the past, I am hesitant to tell anyone I know that I am attempting to quit...again. I imagine them all rolling their eyes and thinking "yeah right."
So for now, I've decided to keep it to myself until I can say "I haven't had a cigarette in a month" and I am hoping that in the meantime using a forum like this will help me get support when I need it. 

It's been about 16 hours since my last cigarette. 
I've already almost caved about three times, but each time I talked myself out of it...I'm clinging to the knowledge that it will get easier over time!

So hello to everyone on here. I am excited to read about your experiences. 
  • Quit Meter

$21,428.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 278 Hours: 8

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: