Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,570 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

Hello fellow quitters!

8 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cecily72,

I am so sorry to hear about your health scare. However, it sounds like it lead to some very important changes. Congrats on all the hard work you have already accomplished. It sounds like you are doing great! How does it feel to have made it this far?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to ask how it's going? Those first few days just shake it off...do things like walk a lot and drink water. Anything you would normally not do. Hang in there and if you need to talk I am always here :)
8 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. Tomorrow is my quit date...wish me luck!!
8 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just wanted to say HI and good luck to everyone. I quit on March 24th 2016, but not by choice. I had planned to try on April 1st, but got cut short. I had a SCAD heart attack the night of the 24th. I guess it was all the motivation I needed. This has been the easiest quit of my life. Every other time I was a total wreck when I quit. (my longest ever was 8 months and I used my dogs death as an excuse to start again). Being stuck in the hospital in bed, kind of helped me get through all the first yucky 72 hours and through the first week, I am at the 5 week point right now. I walk 3 miles most days, and work out 3 days a week thanks to cardio rehab. I hope all of you can beat this addiction , please do not be like me, and wait for something major to happen to you and your health, before you really quit. I know there are no set reason why my heart got the tear in it, but smoking was a big risk factor and smoking is not worth my life. Honestly, so far I have had very few cravings, I can drink coffee and even sit out side in my chair and relax ( I have always smoked outside my home). I am careful though and realize things like, oh that cigarette smells good and the nostalgia of smoking with my husband, and other family, who have not quit, but are REALLY respectful of my quit. I hope to get to know some of you and we can all help each other beat this nasty addiction one step at a time! Aloha!

Reading this thread: