Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Going Nuts :)

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can really read your angst about this lucyo. The first week is called hell week for a reason. It can be horrible. But you can get through it and the rewards will be more then worth it.

How are you feeling today?

We are here for you whenever you are ready to post no matter what stage in your quit you are at (even if you slipped and you are just thinking about it)

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey lucyo,

How did your first couple of days go? 
  • Quit Meter

$22,505.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 14

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucyo1165
Deciding to quit is the best decision. The key is to have your game plan ready.
Things to keep yourself busy.It can be exercise ,a craft or hobby, read a book,
deep breaths, mints or ice water.
I always had a couple smokes on the way to work.When I quit I traded the smokes for a tic tac.
It worked for me,I only had to do it about a month and 1/2.
We all have to find what works for us the key is to be ready for those craves and triggers.
Get lots of rest as it is hard work and will play you out. Also treat yourself good ,soak in the tub
or a walk listening to your favorite tunes are a couple of relaxing things for me.
N.O.P.E.
Sherry

10 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, just a suggestion - read Allen Carr's Easyway to quit smoking. It helped me tremendously. It's kind of redundant and slightly obnoxious but the message is very effective. I got it pretty cheap on my Kindle but I'm sure you could find it in the library too!!! This should be a joyous, happy, proud time for you as you quit the drug addiction and celebrate a healthy life!!! Please feel free to message me personally if you're feeling low or hopeless.
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the support group.  Congratulations on your decisions to quit smoking..Good to have you on board, the more the merrier..

By the way there is a tread titled "What if part III" that some of us post to pledging not to smoke for today..I pledge most days and it helps me stay  motivated and committed to Staying Quit especially on the days when the urges are strong and I find that old nico demon whispering in my ear to have one. 

Check out the thread..Give it a try and post a pledge..It is suprising how something so little can help..Making a daily commitment to not smoke for today..really helped me quit and it continues to help me stay quit..Also a will add that I do a lot of walking too which help a great deal..I hope this info helps you with your quit too...

Taking One day at a time..

Red..
10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello There, 

I have been a smoker for the past 37 years, which has accumulated to at least 40 cig's a day. The reason for quitting is my health and I want to be alive to see my family grow. I stopped smoking this morning (3rd attempt) using the patch. Previously I had tried Chantix, but I ended up being one of the statistics that it happened to cause adverse effects. So naturally a stop was put to that, shame really because I did stop smoking for 2 months.
At the minute I'm distracted and going insane, I don't know what to do with myself, all I can think about is smoking and how wonderful it is. My brain is telling me the complete opposite of what I know what's right and good for me. It's trying to convince me I enjoy smoking, there's nothing like it etc. Fighting with myself not to go to the store and buy a pack. Even last night when I smoked my last cig, panic mode set in. Got nervous and agitated until eventually I fell asleep.
Anyway, I thought I would join a support group to help me through this, something that I had never done before. Hopefully it will help in some way toward my goal of becoming a non-smoker. It will be good to chat with you all, seeing as we are going through all of this together.

Reading this thread: