Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

What?s a quit buddy?

13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hahahaha....Peteg you are too funny

Congrats (in 4 hours) on 1 month smoke free!  Keep the quit

Alice

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Down where I live, they say, "You can call me anything you want as long as you don't call me late for dinner."
peteg
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Members,

Great discussion here! Its inspiring to see you all doing so well and finding support in one another!

So peteg, just to be clear, what would you like to be called?

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Coming into this thread a little late for some reason -- (gotta stop the traveling!!) but I'm really happy to be quit buddies with anyone who will have me!

I don't mind "old timer" so much, seeing as how I'm another one who's been in and out of here more times than a musty breeze, but I really insist on drawing the line at "supporter."  Must be a male thing.  To be a supporter is bad enough, but to be an old supporter suggests a sag and droop that sends me perilously close to the trash can.  Dust bin.  Whatever.

That I support people, causes, institutions, and any number of things does not make me a supporter of any kind, much less an old supporter.

peteg, with somwhat a spring left in his step (if nowhere else), and lots of support to offer without being, well, you know....
Twain,

Its great to hear how positive you are feeling!  Congrats on 22 days

I agree, the NRT takes the edge off.  I am keeping it on as I read the Allen Carr book (recommended by people on this site~ super helpful).  When I am ready, I will take it off.  I really believe that each person has an individual way to make it through their quit and that there is no right or wrong way.  In the end, we are all non-smokers

I am happy on day 24.  The journey has, so far, been a a worth while trek. 

Keep up the quit!!!!!

~Alice
13 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alice, thank you for the words of encouragement and your support as I work through this.  It's not easy though I've had tougher times at quitting.  The NRT does take the edge off the demon, makes it less sharp.  The positives are all there and I'm feeling great at 21 days QUIT!  I'm so very happy to be smoke free, I can't tell you how much.

You have got to be happy with your quit, you are doing awesome.
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alice, quit buddy I have been a repeater on this site so many times that I have a zillion quit buddies.  Seriously, it is someone that has quit around your quit time that you can relate to or it could be an "old timer" that has something you want.  It doesn't matter we are all here. Some will become to mean more to than others and that is in no way a refection on them.  Glad you are here.

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A 'Quit Buddy' to me means someone quitting at the same time and basically going thru the same things at the same time, which my son was suppose to be for me and me for him, but he hasn't made 'the quit' yet, still going to try tho soon.

All the 'oldies' and others at SSC, my friends and co-workers are what I call "Supporters". Some have never smoked and don't have a clue what I am going thru, just want me to quit for various reasons.  Some have smoked before and are at various stages of their quit and can still help me with a lot of my issues.

I cherish all of the above, because I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
Charm

Freedom Meter

Smoke-Free Days: 34
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 686
Amount Saved: $125.80
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 18 Mins: 43 Seconds: 17

Twain,

The more the merrier!  You are doing great!  Love to be your quit buddy:)

Alice
13 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all.  Peteg and Alice, I could use a quit buddy or two or three or or or or or ...  Would you consider helping me as well?  I will do the same for you.

Reading this thread: