Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Hello!!

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hi Quittin girl and welcome to SSC its a great place to get support and there is just a bunch of really nice people here, hang tough, you can do this :) tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2325
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 55,800
Amount Saved: $9,765.00
Life Gained:
Days: 332 Hrs: 10 Mins: 16 Seconds: 47

15 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quittin'girl...welcome!
I also love your attitude and believe it will take you all the way.  I find that has made a huge difference in my quit.  I honestly don't feel that I am missing anything this time.  Yes, I crave but that's a whole different thing.  If you put all this great advice into practice, you WILL send that nicodemon a message that you are stronger than it and build your confidence every time you do.  Way to go.   Jobold

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 53
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,060
Amount Saved: $190.80
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 1 Mins: 14 Seconds: 39

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard!
How is it going today? Love the positive spirit you have... with a great attitude, anything is possible!
 Feel free to pop in anytime with any concerns.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
Best,
HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 261
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,264
Amount Saved: $1,503.36
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 22 Mins: 16 Seconds: 43

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Quitten' Girl, so glad you decided to quit smoking.  You've been given some wonderful advice.  You can add your quit meter from the "My Profile" tab above.  Be sure to fill out each and every question in the "My Program" tab.  Jim always talks about the 6 P's, so be sure you have this quit planned out.  We want this to be your final quit!  I love your commitment to becoming a non-smoker!  Are you using an NRT like Chantix or gum or are you going Cold Turkey?  Read prior posts, search for topics that affect your quit.  We're all here to help each other succeed.  Don't forget about setting up a reward system!  You need to retrain your brain that rewards are a good thing!  As you can see from prior posts, we love celebrating milestones.  Whether it be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, or 1 year, we love sharing each other's success!  We're all rooting for you!  Let us know what we can do to help!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 120
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,800
Amount Saved: $960.00
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 19 Mins: 39 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Quittin' Girl!!!

Congratulations!!   Everyone's right....  going into your quit with that "CAN DO" attitude is exactly what you need in order for you to be successful!!!  Even if that ol' nico-demon starts getting on your nerves, just stay positive and determined!!  The nicotine will be gone from your system in about 4 days and the rest is the mental battle!!   It's definitely a battle you CAN win!

Go through the program and read as much as you can here on these forums!  There is a wealth of information here to help you in many of the diffacult situations you may encounter!  Also, if you get a severe craving, post here for help and wait for 5 replies...  by then your crave will be gone!!!  Personally, I pretty much lived on this site my first few weeks reading and posting and reading some more!!  The distraction really helped and by supporting all my new quit buddies here, I continually re-affirmed my quit as I went along!  

Once again, welcome!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 288
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,200
Amount Saved: $1,188.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 21 Mins: 14 Seconds: 43

• Quit Meter

$44,332.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 0

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Quittin Girl,

Welcome!!  What a fantastic attitude.  That is exactly how you need to proceed with this.  Download your quit meter so we can celebrate everyday with you!!

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 378
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,340
Amount Saved: $1,417.50
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 19 Mins: 15 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quittin'Girl,

Welcome to the Online Support Community and congratulations on deciding to kick the habit! 

We strongly encourage you to prepare for your quit using the program. Quitting smoking is not only a habit, it's an addiction. This program is going to help you plan how to deal with cravings and more importantly teach you how to replace this old habit with a new one. 

You'll also need to put into place a reward system. It should have three components: small one for after each craving, medium for the end of each smoke-free day and a bigger one for the end of each smoke-free week.  

Start reading through the forums, you'll quickly realize that many have felt just as you do now and they are now non-smokers. You'll also be able to find a lot of tips and tricks to help you along the way. 

Good luck & check back soon!

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Howdy Quittin Girl.  Nice positive attitude.  Everyone here has gone through what your going through and we are here to help if you need us.  Stay close, read, and post.  Congratulations on taking the stand with us.

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 136
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,264
Amount Saved: $1,020.00
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 14 Mins: 41 Seconds: 50

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey I'm Quittin' Girl - I feel great about my decision to make today my quit date.... I feel really confident that I can do this - good luck everybody!
  • Quit Meter

$40,848.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 540 Hours: 15

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: