Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Hi I am new here dean's girl

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Izzy- and welcome Dean's girl, nothing I can add really just to say heed the advice given here. Planning is crucial to make the quit go as smooth as possible. All the members here are ready and willing to support you and also many of them here (me included) have had a similar smoke habit to your own. So we are living proof that it can be done however many packs you used to smoke it is possible to become a healthier wealthier non smoker! Good luck and welcome aboard!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 213
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,325
Amount Saved: $3,195.00
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 0 Mins: 24 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Dean´s girl,

I think all of the advice so far has been great. I would add from personal experience that it is very important to know exactly why you are quitting and to hold on to that reason when the cravings get tough. I think for most of us out health is the number 1 reason to quit. Either health in general or something more specific like "I don´t want to get lung cancer". I watched my uncle and my father die of cancer. Both were smokers. Whenever I want to smoke I think of them. Maybe smoking had nothing to do with their deaths but it´s not a risk I´m willing to take. Knowing your reason to quit and really really wanting it more than anything is key in my opinion. Think of your reasons often and you´ll find that they are more important than the cigarette you want.
And quitting means not smoking at all. I wish I could just smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes a week/on special occasions.Unfortunately it just doesn´t work that way.
Say goodbye to your toxic "friend" and never look back.
I´m rooting for you. Keep us updated.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 8
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 136
Amount Saved: �36.26
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 13 Mins: 41 Seconds: 26

Reading this thread: