Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

So Many Newbies, so little time :(

16 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks very much, but it was the support here that kept me on the path to my quit, Hang tough everyone Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2097 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8,807.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 299 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi butterfly, newbies and those just reading. I agree with DL ... Tresa ROCKS. there is a free on line e book "Allen Carr's Easy Way To Quit Smoking" well if you read it ...like anything else.. take what you need.. and leave the rest.. not everything is perfect.. but has been a big help to me. The first couple weeks of a "quit" are a bit strange. You are getting rid of nicotine and toxins so your body and mind can be a bit slow or in a fog... it gets better.. remember you didn't get all that junk in your body in a day or 2 ... so hang in there and let your body get it out... lots of water , I found ice chips, frozen juice bars.. getting my mouth really cold helped get through some craves.. use the tools here/ my program and always yell for help before you light up. We have all been there... BJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $282.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello try not to focus on When it will get better , Take baby steps just look forward not thinking about it too much, yes stay here and read and post as much as you can,maybe keep a tootsie pop in your mouth, when you get a nasty thought get rid of it as fast as you can, get out of that moment and into another, dont let that Nico Deamon get the best of you, you are all better than that HANG TOUGH, the quit can be done :) Iam sitting in your cheering section :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2095 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,332.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 299 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$14,580.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 17

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Butterfly .. Welcome Read and post alot there are fabulous people here to help us all out at all stages of the game! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to our newbies & to butterfly! Tremor and Perspiration: Your hands and fingers may tremble slightly. However, the tremor is usually minor, and will subside as your body gets used to not depending on tobacco. You may also experience increased perspiration. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Warm baths or showers can help dispel both the perspiration and the tremor. So can small snacks. If you are concerned, consult your doctor to determine whether it is severe enough to warrant medication. Keep persevering! Remember withdrawals are temporary! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello butterfly and welcome to SSC! You have made a wonderful decision to quit smoking. It is hard, but it is well worth it. It does get better, hard to say when because everyone is different. Be sure to go through the program here and set into place some good coping skills. Drink plenty of water, get out and take walks, sugarless gum/ candy also works. Hang in there, it does get better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 381 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,905.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I just quit yesterday and boy It is very hard but I'm hanging in there i just dont like the shakes i get but Quiting is worth it so I'm still hanging in here...When will it get better? I just keep telling myself tomorrow will be better!!! Tomorrow Will be better!!
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]I absolutely agree with Daily.. Tresa is amazing with her "hang tough" attitude because that is truly what it's all about ! I just came on and I see so many lurking behind the shadows. Come on in folks we won't bite.. in fact we're all very cool and wonderful people here ! :) If you've just joined the SSC always post as often as you'd like and you'll be sure to get lots of responses to all of your needs. Read read and do more reading because there's just so much knowledge and wisdom throughout this site :) Welcome aboard all !!!!!! Peace [/color] :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $531.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to join Tresa in saying that. She is always right about quitting. In fact, I think she's infallible and I want to elect her the Pope of SSC. Always pay attention to the Lady in the Scarf because she has two thousand and ninety days (2090 Days) to her credit and she attributes most of those days to the help she received and gave from d**n near it's inception. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,136.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, just to welcome each and everyone of you to SSC, this is the place to be for the quit, good people and good support, always remember when in trouble read and post here first, we all ride the same boat, same roller coasters and are here to help each other :) HANG TOUGH Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2090 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,315.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 298 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$14,580.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 17

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: