Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Hello!

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey laughing, You CAN do this and you've already got one fine start on your quit. Congratulations on 9 HUGE days. That's so great!! The workbook over on the left really, really helps. It tells you so much about smoking, what you can expect during your quit, and just prepares you really well. It makes quitting so much easier. Read a lot of posts here and post a lot yourself. We're all here to support each other and you have a lot to offer us as well. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.71 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragment!! Sounds like i'm going to have a lot of help to get this quitting thing done!! That really makes a difference. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Laughing. It sounds like you are really want to quit more than you want to smoke. That is soooo important for success. You'll find the support here is great, too. Congrats on those 8 days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$119,560.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 10

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! What a great start!!! You sound like a lot of us, tried to quit b4, and now just ready to be smoke free. Hey, could you add "MILES DRIVEN SMOKE FREE" to your stats??? That might be interesting. Keep the Quit? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 390 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,627 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Laughing, Welcome and congratulations on 8 days!!! This is a great site and we are all here for you anytime you ask. I'm a former truck driver and so was Bear who I'm sure you'll come across at some point. Are you going cold turkey or using a NRT to help you out? Be strong you already made it past hell week!! Stay close and keep posting!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,488 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $462 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great place for support while quitting! I am glad you found us and plan to join in. Congratulations on those 8 days smoke-free! Here at the SSC we refer to that first week as 'Hell' week! It gets easier every day if you just remember NOPE---Not One Puff Ever! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1848 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI and welcome. With 8 days already under your belt, you are well on your way to a smoke-free life. How cool is that!! You'll find tons of support here, so post away whenever you want, and read the posts here as much as you can, as it is very beneficial. Congratulations! You're doing amazing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 284 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1065 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Welcome to the SSC laughing ! This is THE place to be.. greatest member's ever and the quit progam tools to the left are amazing. If you have a moment and you're so inclined, go to the "New Users..." category where there is an "APRIL Quitters" thread... All of us there quit in April and we're helping one another as we're all so close in our stop smoking lifestyle. Post often and do lots of reading. Congrats so far - your stats are looking great :) J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 586 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone... I started smoking when I was about...16 I guess...I'm 44 now. I've quit smoking many times in my lifetime. So this time..I determined I was not even going to give myself the...I'm quitting pressure...which leads to total guilt when I start again...this time I simply said..I'm not buying any more cigarettes. And I haven't bought any...since the 19th of april. I guess I'll just list a few life things...so that you'll kinda get a little insight into me... 1. Drive a truck (that's bad...cuz...lots of truck drivers smoke...one good thing though is that most truck stops are becoming non smoking) 2. Father smoked...right up until NOV. 26 of 2006, when he couldn't get out of bed to have a cigarette anymore. 3. Mother didn't smoke...married to 3 smokers over 37 years...died of cancer...colon...which metastisised....lung involved... 4. Three kids...one 18 who smokes...I can't stop that now..ugh...and I hate me for it...but...i'll be darned if i'm going to have the other two smoke...and i'm not giving them the option of saying..but mom..you do it!! NO NO NO anyway...that's some..ummmm...I don't know...I hate smoking...i have for years...but...i hate being alone...and...with a smoke..you're never alone... so yesterday...i decided i need to get online to find some kind of a support group...or this thing just can't work.. so that's where i'm at... thanks for listening [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: