Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

4 1/2 days to go

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come on Kev dont let the Brits down!!!!!! That tomato is a 'Moneymaker' so it wont smoke! Cheers Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 251 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,531 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1317.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is your Quit Day!! You can do this!!! Your body is going to FEEL awesome - and there is nothing, NOTHING, to fear!! Your addiction is playing tricks with your mind and says it needs the ciggie - when - you don't need it!!! You need your health! You need your friends! And if it gets bad, some support!! But not those terrible things!!! Go slow, and be quit!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Afternoon Kevin, It's your quit day! A very good day indeed! You might not particularly feel that way right now, but when you are successful with this quit, today will be remebered by you as one of the most important, best days of your life! Come back to the April Quitters, Kev. We're all in this together. I just shook off the wake up cravings and I'm looking forward to Day 6 as a non-smoker! I'm very happy about it, too! Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Red]Kevin, it's quit day for you. Stay close, and don't smoke without posting and getting 3 replies. Give everyone a chance to help. Remember...one minute at a time. "I won't smoke for the next minute" (repeat over and over) Good luck, MomMom [/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $295.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, well this is my nth attempt to post this morning. So who knows if this message will get to you. CallMeMomMom - you're right. Fear plays a big part, I would guess, in any quitters struggle. That fear hits before you even quit. Part of quitting is realising that fear is a mechanism to keep things at the status quo. Part of quitting is fighting that fear. Mike - Congrats you are going great guns! Phil - Make sure that tomato doesn't go off for a sly one. Freemom - good luck. Remember that when the molehill looks like a mountain..turn the telescope around. Kind Regards Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kevin - everyone is so right about fear and I'd bet every quitter has gone through it. After my brief relapse, I was trying to get to a place where I was motivated enough to get back on board. When I went back to reread my original journal notes about quitting what struck me most was the fear I had at that time. I don't have the fear anymore and I think that's why I feel so strong. (Note to those reading this - I've got major triggers coming up in a few weeks, so be prepared to give me support! :8o: ) Point is - do your homework, read and post here to share other people's experiences and try to release your fears. You can and will succeed when you are ready to. And Mike - good going on 5 days. Glad it seems easier now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$119,581.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 15

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mike, Congratulations! Just remember (for a while) how hard the first few days were. Would you ever want to go through that again? NOT ME! Now that each day gets better and easier, there is no way I want to go back to day 1 and re-live it. I conquered it through the support I found here, and my own strength (and a little help from The Man Upstairs). They don't call it hell week for nothing! By now you have 5 days done and hell week is coming to a close for you. It sure was a learning experience for me, and I continue to learn even more about myself as a non-smoker. Good job. Now if we can just get Kev to understand it... Kev, go read about 1939Bear. There's a guy who didn't really want to quit, but he has. He has amazed everyone, but especially himself. So what's he got that you don't have??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,823 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $291 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Mike, Great post!! In fact, I love all of your posts so keep them coming, okay? ;) I was scared too days before I put out that last cigarette. Sounds sort of like...."Fear of Committment" on some level. I'm not sure what that fear is all about but it's there. Stange. Mike, your stats are so impressive!!! Those are Five HUGE Days!!! You should be so proud. Stay Strong and Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,552 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kevin, Just to comment on what MomMon and Tutti are saying. I wasn't afraid to quit, I was TERRIFIED. From the inside out and from the outside in, subconsciously and consciously. Whenever I have quit, the mourning/withdrawal period has always started even before I quit, days before, as soon as I made the decision. It's really a nasty deception that our body and mind plays on us quitters. The good news is, into my 5th day...and the tables have turned. The biggest part of me is absolutely terrified to ever smoke again. The loss of all I've worked, paid (prescription and doctor) and suffered through to acheive. I don't want to lose this now. I can imagine the mild nausea my body would feel smoking again and I don't want any part of it. I think of the dissapointment and shame I'd feel if I lost all this progress. The sadness, I, my family and you all here would feel if I relapsed. And I think "No way!" So, I guess I'm trying to say I think aspects of this whole process get incrementally better fairly quickly. Not saying it's still not a constant battle for a long while for most of us. But it's not constant torture as far as the eye can see. I'm 29 minutes from 100 hours. And I'm glad I've made the sacrifices. The payoffs are a hundred times better. And that's what keeps me trying to be strong. Talk to you soon, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kev, Read MomMom's post 2 or 3 times. Let it really sink in because it's right on the money. As I was reading through this thread today, I thought the same thing that MomMom came up with, "You're afraid to quit." I felt that way too. I had that feeling as if I were losing a good friend. Yea, right!! I also feared there being a change in my life. Yea, right again!! A change for the better and I feared it? Smoking truly does cloud our judgement. Think about all of those things where YOU are controlled by a cigarette. MomMom listed a bunch and as I read her post, I sure could relate to each and everything that she listed. I've even turned down going out to do something fun because my smoking might bother someone. I'd just stay home, miss out on the fun, and puff away. If I had gone out and had that fun, I would have formed some pretty nice memories to think back on. But NO, I stayed at home and puffed away and.....well, that's all I did. Crap, what a waste of time. I sure missed out. Seriously, make that list for yourself. List all of those times where smoking controls your thinking. Better yet, tell us how cigarettes control your thinking. Are you going to let them control your thinking in regards to your quit as well? You CAN do this. Sure, you'll have withdrawals and cravings to go through and they won't be comfortable. You can't throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble. You have to fight. Get in the ring with the rest of us, okay? Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,544 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: