Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Let's Give 'er The Ol' College Try

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hello, and that I am excited to have already gone five days without a cigarette. I am finding, though, that today has been the hardest yet. Someone please tell me that it gets better. And soon! Manny [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$806,623.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7293 Hours: 12

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well thanks for the kind words, everyone. Finding SSC came at the exact right time, because I was starting to wonder if maybe I had decided to quit a little too early; before getting a chance to prepare. I smoked more during downtime than when I was busy, and now I have over a week of nothing much to stretching before me. Maybe I should have waited until a busier period? I was always okay with being busy, but being relaxed always made me smoke like a chimney. So should I stick with it, or should I give myself a little more time? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$806,623.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7293 Hours: 12

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There's never a good time to quit smoking... we can always come up with a reason to wait... not busy enough, too stressful, going on vacation... this, that, or the other. It's the little nico-demon trying to talk you out of your Quit. DON'T LISTEN!! You've got 5 days under your belt and well on your way to a 6th. Don't give up now! You can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$281,023.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5354 Hours: 11

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It might get harder, but it will get better. I can tell you that for sure. Drink a lot of water and keep yourself busy. Come here and read some posts...even the ones where people "fell off the wagon". Don't give up or give in. Smoking never got you anywhere and NEVER WILL. I KNOW I'M NOT GONNA SMOKE TODAY. HOW ABOUT YOU? Jimmy The Mick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Manny, Your already neck deep in it. You don't have far to go before the craving start to die like dogs. Stay. Fight. Live at little longer. I'm here for you and so are the rest of us. Lean on me, yell at me, call me names, tell me I suck...don't smoke. Go for a walk, read some posts, anything is better than smoking. Smoking never did a thing good for you. Jimmy The Mick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It does get better with the positive attitude that you create. Think and remind yourself on a daily or hourly basis the rewards in life that you will reap when you can breath fresh air again. good luck Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 552 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Manny, Texas_Ivy is right, there is never a good time to quit. Instead of starting again from zero, keep persevering and change your evening routine. Keep your mind & hands distracted with quiet activities and be good to yourself in the days to come. Find new ways to relax. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Manny - You're only on day 5... hold on tight and ask yourself - how long did you smoke? How long, and how often daily did you depend on nicotine? This is a jouney that will teach you some amazing patience for self. This journey will also bring you to your knees, as it also introduces to parts of yourself you have never known... Take it one step at a time, one moment at a time, and don't worry about what's to come... We are all doing this one step at a time... hold on to yourself, and dig deep - if your desire to quit is stronger than your desire to smoke, you can do this! Many Blessings! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 331 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1539.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is better than yesterday.... I am finding that if I look at my day in chunks of time it is better. Like, ok, it takes me 2 hours to do such & such then the morning will be over. Then ok, the afternoon is over...I only have a few more hours until I go back to sleep and get another day under my belt. Also, try not to talk yourself to death...I had started to obsess and that got me in a bad way. Too much conflict in my head! What is the hardest part for you? Are you journeling? Did you try the workbook on the left? They sure have helped me in identifying what is making me feel better...even if it is a little bit better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Manny, are you thinking that you are going to be depriving yourself of something if you quit? I thought that in my first couple of days and I had a war raging in my brain that I thought was going to bring me down. When I chose to change my attitude things really eased up and I feel great right now. We are like on the same days so I can REALLY relate to how you are feeling. Think about you REALLY can change your frame of mind and your attitude. You are just not smoking. You are not losing out on anything. Keep up the good job and do a little dance with a smile on your face... you will feel better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: