Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

New member, second try

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, this is my second try to quit smoking. The first time I quit I didn't smoke for 4 years. Then, about 1.5 years ago, my brother committed suicide and from the stress and all I started smoking again. I actually started smoking more than I did before. Since I don't have the intense stressors anymore I figured now would be a good time to quit. My wife is quitting as well (she never quit) so we are doing this together. She never smoked as much as I did, she could make a pack last about 2-3 days, so I don't think she will have as hard a time with it as I think I will. It's been 19 hours since my last cigarette and so far so good! Gotta love "the patch"!!
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome GordanFan24 You are at the right place for support. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 746 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Gordonfan24 -and welcome... Trying doesn't work well with quitting, friend... So let's change trying to DOING :) But it sure sounds like you know exactly what to do as you were quit for 4 years! We're all here to support you... Read as much as possible here and go back to old posts... IF you're ready, you will do this! Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1474.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC Gordonfan. Now's a great time to quit and learn more about nicotine addiction. Education is vital. It forces us to take the blinders off. As smokers we avoid reading and thinking too much about the dangers. Whereas reading 'enough' about the addiction can make you WANT to quit. The sooner we remove the denial and begin accepting the truth about cigarettes the quicker we move along the road to recovery. So get educated and get ready for the withdrawal and the recovery process. The more you know the easier it is to learn new coping skills. You can do it! Just look around...we ALL are doing it. [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [color=maroon][size=2][font=impact]I Killed the Nicodemon and got off scot-free and you can too! [/color][/size][/font] [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 514 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on that 19 hours quit! AWESOME! Quitting isn't easy but it is doable. Be sure to check out the program tools to the left and develop a plan for when the cravings hit. Always remember N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. That is what will get you through. As long as you don't light that next cigarette, you have got it made. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 564 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1974 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: