Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

New!!! Support Needed...

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, I am Steph from Tn. I am on day one of quitting, it is rough and I feel like I am going crazy...need some survival tips please. Encouraging words much appreciated. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much!!! You Rock...
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Steph, I'm on day 1 as well (though a couple of weeks into Chantix, but cheated) and I'm trying to get 24 hours without a puff. I am in awe of the support here. If I just hang out here for the next year, I'll be sure to quit for life ;) You can do it and I'ld love to have a quitting friend. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Steph, I am on my second day and I know how hard it is and how crazy you feel as though you are going, but hang in there. It has gotten a little easier today to handle the urges to go smoke a cigarette. It is still extremely hard, but you can do it. I have set little milestones to help me through. My first goal was to reach 24 hours without smoking a cigarette. The current goal is to make it 48 hours. I find that setting little goals is helping me more than if I tried to make a big committment of not smoking for a week. I know that I eventually will get there, but saying lets start by breaking that week up makes reaching the goal seem more realistic right now. I hope that makes some kind of sense to you and remember log in here as many times as you need and let people know how your are feeling. Talking to someone about your cravings is a good way to work through it as well. Best of luck! Kimmy Lou
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That one post was right on....Do what ever it takes! This site is a wonderful tool to help. Stay on it and post a lot. Best thing that happened to me. Good luck and best wishes. Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome. You are going crazy. Don't worry it's temporary and it's a sign that you are successful in your quit. You can do this. We are doing this and so can you. One day we will look back on this and appreciate the peace of mind we have gained in taking control of our life. For right now, just do whatever you need to do to protect your quit and make it through the waves of craves. There is a lot of great information and suport on this site. Read and post. Welcome. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed really said it all in his post.. Heed his words! We are here for you.. post often - rant, rave, ramble.. do whatever it takes at any time and we'll be here to respond to you. Be strong ! ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome Steph, Day one, rough and feel like you're going crazy? Yahooooo, you are right on schedule! Hang on tight, this is the beginning of a wonderful journey! And I promise you that becoming a non-smoker is worth all the pain! Mr. Ed has given you some awesome advice! Go ahead and read through as many of the old posts as you can, they are loaded with valuable information from all sorts of people that can help you keep your quit strong and healthy! Glad you are here, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,394 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Steph, my top 10 tips - ... just some thoughts as you begin this journey... 1) The Cigarette is NOT 'a friend'. Get used to it. 2) You are not 'giving up' anything. Smoking never made a sad person happy or an ill person well. It will not fix your broken-down car or washing-machine. Financial problems? Buy a carton of cigs! 3) You have a choice to smoke or not to smoke. If you choose to smoke you will more than likely suffer from ill-health or worse. Would you choose to make your loved-ones, family or friends unhappy because of this? 4) You are not alone here. We have all experienced similar feelings. This means that there are many of us who can help you through. 5) NOPE. (Not One Puff Ever). Do not listen to voices in your head that tell you it's OK to have 'just one'. The addiction may throw several thousand excuses your way. Each excuse is as ridiculous as the next. 6) Believe it or not, the early stages of your can be exciting and exhilarating. You realise how important this is to you and friends / family may be very supportive. As time passes, people may stop asking you how it's going, but it still means a lot to you. You won't be forgotten here! Keep posting and reading. 7) Remember that it only takes a short time to kick the physical addiction to nicotine. It takes longer for the brain to undo what was perhaps years of conditioning. Time WILL heal though. 8) See your health improve in days! Your skin will improve within a week and the rest will follow. And by the way, nobody died trying to quit... You are also taking control of your life! And every hour, every day strengthens your quit! 9) It is OK to be needy when you feel weak. Reach out and people here will help. And when you feel stronger, you can do the same for others .. 10) You will have more money! Buy yourself a present. Today. You deserve it! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 324 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2430 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Steph, Welcome to our support community and please read all the great welcomes you have received! What have you done to prepare for this journey? Let's get you some coping mechanisms and relaxation techniques to keep you calm and on the ball. What can we help you with? Don't just sit there and idle! You need to move around and keep yourself occupied :) Post often and let us guide you :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: