Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Back Again...

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi tenielle, glad that you felt you could come back. I am on day 8, after having smoked for 31 years, so if I can do it, You can do it. JUst believe in yourself lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$113,645.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 21

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tennielle! Welcome! You are not alone in trying and failing, but the important part is your're back. I think this site makes a lot of difference, but you do have to have the desire to quit and your desire to quit and never go back has to be stronger than your desire to continue to continue to smoke. In my many attempts I have found that I learned something either about the process or about myself in each attempt, and that made this one almost easy. I know it is the committment I have made, the DECISION I made to be free of this addiction that has made the difference. And, of course, a positive attitude. It's amazing what a differnce that will make. And have you tried all the nicotine replacement therapies? There are lots of them out there and you may want to use one of those. There is also Chantix, which I've read stops the nicotine from triggering the pleasure part of the brain, thereby giving you no "kick". You can do it, I know you can. Set a date (not too distant), stick to it, and remember NOPE = not one puff ever. Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tennielle....I never thought that I could quit but my confidence keeps growing. For me, I could never think too far in the future (especially on those days when I felt like I was losing my sanity!!) I treated my addiction like any other addiction and quit one day at a time. On the rough days, I called it a night early and started again the next day. Eventually, there are less bad days than good and, from what I hear, it gets better and better. You will have tons of support and plenty of good advice to help you along the way...just keep posting. All the best! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, this can be the problem why so many quit attempts fail. First, you have to be committed, and second it REALLY helps to know that all these things you are feeling are TEMPORARY. They don't last. Post here often because there's lots of help available, especially during those tough times. Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle Only you can decide but ifyou do go for it you will get lots of help here! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �435.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, Welcome back!!! My IM is still the same as it was when you were here before... if you still have it, and would like to talk, then just IM me... I'm more than willing to help you out whenever you need help. First of all, I see you having this fear of "forever." Well, try not to quit for "forever" - just quit for right now. You don't have to quit for "forever" - you just have to stay quit for today... and then tomorrow, worry about tomorrow. The minutes, hours and days add up and there, you've got a "forever quit." But if you think in terms of forever, it's pretty overwhelming. You also asked about the "secret" to quitting... well, the secret is N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. That's the secret. It's really simple... just don't smoke! :) Now granted, I know it's not easy, but the concept is very simple. Whenever you want to smoke, do something else... ANYTHING else!!! Right now, I want you to come up with 5 strategies you will do before you smoke. Now notice I didn't say instead of smoking (although if you do these things, it SHOULD make you not WANT to smoke). When you get to that point where you're about to give in and bum a cigarette from a friend, or go to the store to buy a pack, you must do something first. It could be read your reasons for quitting 10 times before you smoke. Or you have to look at your kids' faces for 1 whole minute and think about what you're doing to them if you smoke. Or you have to call a friend who supports your quit and talk to him/her. Or, you have to post here and wait for 10 responses. Promise yourself that you WILL do one or all of these things before you smoke. That is absolutely KEY to staying quit. If you do that, then I have no doubt you will keep your quit!!! You CAN do this Tennielle! I'm proud of you for coming back to try again! Welcome back and welcome to your new, smoke free life! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 368 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1519.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, you can do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Never quit quitting...practice makes perfect....etc... Glad you are back! The secret? Determination! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,671 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $424 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle... How are you? I haven't seen you post. Your quit date was yesterday and figured I would see how you are doing... Please check in and let us know so we can help you if you want and need it!! Hugs and hope you are doing alright!! Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,714 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $599.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Tennielle and welcome back... There's a commitment that we all ((must)) make in order to have a successful Quit... it goes like this. We must have a stronger desire to Quit - it has to be stronger than our desire to smoke... Without that clarity and that commitment, there's no final Quit... it just can't happen. So... dig deep. If that desire to Quit is not strong - if it comes and goes, dig even deeper. Go deep inside yourself. Why are you Quitting? Why now and what about on those birthdays, those times when you smoked before? Are you ready to get serious and build some coping skills that will support and ground your Quit? Time for the work now... when the commmitment is in place, the work begins. This may be the most difficult thing you've ever done, so get that seat belt on... and hold on tight... You ready? We are! Blessings be- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1111.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: